Texts and Bullies

It had already been a week and Richard and I hadn't gotten together for the project.

"How about Wednesday at my house?", he text me. I was sitting in my room on Saturday and we were texting each-other trying to come up with a day to work together. "No, I'm busy Wednesday and besides I told you we have to work at my house. I don't trust you...", I sent him. I didn't want to be rude to him but I knew I'd get into big trouble if I showed any interest in him. "How about Tuesday after school at your place?" he quickly sent me. "Yes that works ok Tuesday it is".

Before I knew it, Monday had rolled around and Richard and I were in Chemistry brain storming our ideas for the project. "Uhm what if we rusted a key in different types of liquids?", I suggested. We had stated almost every idea but none of them worked. "We don't have enough time to wait for something to rust. Wait I know. What if we made Borax Crystals in different types of water and see how quickly they develop. They don't take long to make...", Richard suggested. "Wow that's a good idea! I'm surprised you came up with it..", I said. He quickly shot his head around and gave me a deep glare. "I'm not as stupid as you think Nikki". I was about to apologize when the bell rang.

I walked out of class and knew I had to apologize to Richard. I had been rude to him before but I could tell this really hurt him. I pulled him to a little corner in the hallway. "Richard I'm really sorry that was rude of me I didn't mean it like that", I said. "It's ok I get I-" he started to say before he was cut off by someone. I looked back and it was two of Richard's friends, Erick and Joel.

"Oye que estas asciendo hablando con ese nerd?" said Erick. "Yeah, why are you talking to that nerd Richard?", Joel answered. They didn't think I spoke Spanish, but I obviously could. I was getting ready just to walk away when I felt Richard grab my arm. "She's not a nerd she's my lab partner. Stop being so stupid and obnoxious just leave her alone. Sorry Nikki I'll see you later", he said walking away with an apologetic face.

I can't believe he just defended me like that.