Clubs and Cries

We had been in the club for what seemed like hours and I somehow managed to lose the boys. I had a drink and was feeling a little tipsy, but I wasn't very drunk and was aware of my surroundings. I was dancing with lots of different girls throughout the night but there was one in particular that kept coming up to me. She was really pretty: brown wavy long hair, tan skin, and green eyes. 

It was getting late and I didn't want to be out to long so I started looking around for the boys to see if we could go back to the hotel. I looked through the crowd and managed to find Joel. "Joel I was thinking about going back to the hotel. Where's the rest of the boys?", I screamed in his ear through the loud pounding music. "Uhm Zabdiel and Christopher took a cab home and Erick left with some chick," he screamed back. "Ok well the two of us lets go now?", I asked him. "Naw I think I'm gonna wait a little while but you can go", he said in his efforts to try and find a girl to dance with. "Joel, you're like my little brother I'm not going to leave you here alone alright? When you're ready to go, we'll leave together, but promise me you won't leave ok?", I said patting his shoulder. "Ok fine", he said in a slight pout. Unlike Erick, I felt like deep down Joel was a really genuine guy but just hung out with the wrong people.

I wasn't in the party mood anymore but for Joel's sake, went back out to the dance floor. The same girl who had been dancing with me came and approached me again. She grabbed my neck and I felt her lips brush my ear when she started to whisper. "Hey, your from that band CNCO right?", she said. "Oh haha yes I am. I'm Richard", I said in response. "Ah I'm Sophia. You guys are really good. How long will you be in Brazil?", she said rubbing her thumb across my jawline. "Uh we actually leave tomorrow to Argentina", I responded. "How bout I give you a little goodbye present up in my room, what do you say?", she said rubbing her hand through my scalp. I was in a haze and I was tempted to say yes.

What am I doing? Nikki. I forgot. I had been working so hard to get my act together and I end up in this situation. I'm not messing up this time. I need to leave.

"Listen Sophia, I'm not that type of guy and I have my girl waiting for me back home. I think I'm gonna go I'm sorry", I said removing her hand from my hair and looking for Joel so we could leave. I found him kissing some Brazilian girl that clearly looked at least 6 years older than him.

"Joel! Vamos!", I shouted at him. He looked back at me and I could tell he was extremely drunk. "You go back Richard I'm fine", he said with his eyes bloodshot red. I was getting aggravated and I knew the only way to stop him from doing something stupid was to force him. I snatched him from the girls arm and carried him on my back as if he were a child.

"Hey! Wtf are you doing! Let go of me Richard!", he said kicking and pushing my head as I dragged him out of the club. "Joel your not thinking straight. Your drunk. Let's just get back to the hotel", I told him as I pulled out my phone to call a taxi. "What's wrong with you Richard! Ever since you started hanging out with his Nikki girl you've been so different and I'm so done with it! I wanted to be just like you man, you were fun and you'd get all the girls but I don't know what's into you now man! The only one who's been there for me in this band now is Erick and your just walking around like you're my dad or something. You can't tell me what to do Richard!", Joel screamed as he got inside the taxi that has just pulled up and slammed the door.

The whole ride home, we sat their in silence. Even though Joel was extremely wasted, he was right. I was different, but was it such a bad thing?

We got to the hotel and I decided to stay at Joel's room for a little bit, just so I could look out for him since I knew he'd have a really bad hangover soon. As soon as we walked in, he ran to the toilet and started throwing up. He soon finished and I told him to shower since it'd help him feel better. While he did, I sat to check my phone and it was 3am. Great. I was going to be so tired tomorrow. Joel soon walked out and complained he had a major headache. I told him to lay down and get some rest and if he needed anything to call me. "Thanks bro", he said giving me a fist bump and lying down.

I headed to my room and got ready for bed then just laid in my bed lost in my thoughts. I was proud of myself and felt like I had done the right thing; a feeling I really only began to experience once I met Nikki. Oh, Nikki. I missed her so much. I wonder what she was up to?

Nikki's pov

"Let's go Bulldogs, let's go!", I shouted from the stands along with Yoandri, Lauren, and the rest of the people from my school at the game. Tonight was the night of Johann's game and he was such a an amazing player! The score was 33-17 and we were winning! Johann has scored a touch down in the second quarter of the game and the game was almost over so we'd obviously win.

I was having such a fun time and didn't see how this night could get any better. I went to sit down in my seat and just started looking at the stands. As I was looking around, I thought I saw a familiar face and was confused. When I looked back, I saw a figure of Yashua Camacho look at me. I jumped in my seat and blinked and he was suddenly gone. I was getting these things lately and they scared me. I would always see Yashua at different places and it would just remind me and send me in a panic mode.

I started heavy breathing and feeling lightheaded. Lauren looked over and noticed I was acting weird. "Nikki are you ok?", she said looking at me. "I think I'm gonna go and get some water", I said feeling extremely lightheaded. I quickly stepped down the bleachers and went in a little corner beneath them. I started crying and thoughts of that night started filling my head. He was so rough and his intentions were so cruel! The memory hurt so much.

I heard screams and a loud buzzer go off stating the the game was over. I felt bad that I couldn't be there to see it happen but if I had stayed, it would've only been worse for me. I began to calm down but knew I didn't want anyone to see me like this. My hair was a disaster and my eyeliner was probably smeared. I decided I would wait 10 minutes for people to leave and then I would take my car home.

I sat there and looked at the time. 9pm. That meant that it was 3am in Brazil. I wonder what Richard was up to.

"Nikkita, estas bien?", I heard before I snapped out of my thoughts. It was Johann. The one person I didn't want to see. "Uhm uh yeah I'm fine uh I think I should just go thank u for inviting me", I said as I was getting ready to get up from my dirty patch of grass on the ground I was sitting on. "No really you look upset what's wrong", he said setting his football helmet next to him and sitting on the ground next to me. "How'd you find me here anyways?" I said trying to change subjects. "Yoandri text me after the game and said you hadn't come back yet and I happened to be looking under the bleachers and I'm glad I did", he said winking. I couldn't help but laugh at his dorky wink. "Now seriously I could tell you were crying. What's wrong?", he said.

I don't even know why, but I told him everything. I just felt like it was the right time and he just seemed so serious for the first time and I knew this was something he should know. I had just finished explaining everything and had cried more in the process of explaining. We had sat here for 45 minutes and everyone had gone home except for the cleaning staff outside. "Well uhm that's my story.. I guess I should go home now," I said standing up from the ground. Johann hadnt said anything the whole time except listen and I figured he wouldn't so just got ready to go. As I brushing my knees off, I heard a loud whimper from Johann and he rapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry Nikki. You should've never had to have gone through that", he said rubbing my hair and crying into my shoulder only causing my to cry more. We stood there for what felt like hours but was probably a few minutes with him just running my hands through my hair and just mourning over my situation. It was getting super late and it was almost past my curfew so I knew I had to go home.

"Thank you Johann for listening. I can always count on you," I said giving him one last hug before going to my car and driving home.

Johann's pov

I layed in my bed and just stared at my blank ceiling. I had no idea Nikki had gone through so much. She didn't deserve one bit of it. I'm happy that Nikki was taking our friendship seriously now and was able to be open to me. She was a very beautiful girl and her personality was just the perfect example of someone you always want to be around her. I was slowly but surely falling madly in love with her, but did she feel the same?