Forgiveness and Plans

Richard's POV

The next morning, we had to get back to the airport in Brazil to go to Argentina. Christopher, Zabdiel, and I were the only ones at the airport yet and we waited for the rest of the boys to get there.

A few minutes later, I heard a familiar Cuban voice laughing and could definitely tell it was Erick making his way over to us and was joined with Joel. "Ay pero Joel anoche estaba increíble. Esa brasileña estaba bella!", Erick said as he made his way to sit in a chair as we waited for our flight. "I'm glad you had fun. I uh just partied for a while then got back to the hotel but I still met a bunch of girls", Joel said trying to impress Erick. Erick patted him on the back and soon, the loud speaker said our plane for Argentina had arrived.

I picked up my luggage and walked in front of everyone before I felt Joel run up to me. "Hey Richard, thank you for uh being there for me last night. I didn't mean any of the bad things I said. You're like the big brother I wish I had", he said smiling. I nudged his head playfully and gave him a friendly punch on the shoulder. "Ah don't worry about it but hey next time don't try to beat me up", I answered and we both laughed.

We got on the plane and I decided to text Nikki since I hadn't really spoken to her and really missed her. "Hey Nikki. How are you? This trip seems so boring without you. We had a fun time in Brazil and I made sure I let all the Brazilian's know there is only one special girl in my life. We are now leaving to Argentina. Can't wait to see you soon! Only two months left of the trip-".

Nikki's POV

"-Te amo!!", said the ending of Richard's message. I had just woken up and noticed he had text me a few hours ago. I didn't know what to respond. He knew I wanted to move on but he just kept holding on to me and I don't understand why he was holding back.

I got to school and it was Friday, the day after my little breakdown with Johann at the football game. I was on my way to art and I felt awkward about seeing Johann again. I felt as if he'd treat me differently now and that was the only thing I didn't need. I sat down and noticed that Johann wasn't here. Weird. I sat and just started working on our new project. I soon saw the door open and Johann walked in. He had dark circles under his eyes and his eyes were red. I wonder what happened?

He sat down next to me and gave me a sad smile. "Are you ok Jo Jo?" I asked him. "Yeah I'm fine I'm just a little under the weather", he responded. We didn't say a word to eachother the whole class which was the only thing I didn't need. After a long awkward silence, I felt Johann put his head on my shoulder and close his eyes. He quickly popped up his head in embarrassment . "I'm uh I'm sorry it was on accident I'm just really tired uh-", he said with his face red. "No it's ok I don't mind", I said smiling at him. I then felt him nuzzle his head back on my shoulder and even though he was acting strange, I kind of liked this cuddly, soft side of Johann.

Class was almost over and Johann and I were cleaning up our things. He had slowly gotten out of his sleepy state and was close to just acting like his normal self again which I was happy about. "Hey Nikki I know this is random but when's your birthday?", he asked me. "Uh its April 16th...", I awkwardly answered. "Oh ok, well see you later Nikkita!", he said walking out of the class. Hmm.. I wonder what that was all about.

Johann's POV

I had spent the whole night trying to fall asleep but I couldn't and managed to only fill my head with thoughts about Nikki. Whenever bad things happened to people I cared about, I always took it personally and felt like someone had torn up the beautiful friend I had found in Nikki. She was broken and I needed to do something about it.

Before I could close my eyes, I heard my alarm go off. Seriously? I was up the whole night! I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast and somehow managed to fall asleep on my plate.

"Hijo despierta te! Ya estas tarde para escuela!", she said smacking me awake. It was 8:10 and school started at 8. Great. I rushed to get ready as fast as I could and drove as fast as I could to school. As soon as I got there, it was 8:20 and I walked inside the Art classroom. My tiredness finally hit me there and Nikki looked at me like I had 3 heads. I knew I looked like a mess.

During class, I felt my eyes shut and bobbed my head to the side. My head met with what felt like someone's shoulder and I didn't realize what I was doing till I looked straight at Nikki's shocked face. I'm such an idiot. I apologized but she said she didn't mind. I went back to resting my head on her shoulder for a few minutes and it felt nice. I was glad we had become closer ever since last night and honestly needed an excuse to get a quick nap in class.

I began to slowly feel more awake and back to my usual self, when I thought of a plan. Richard's birthday party was a disaster for Nikki but she needed a party do over. I would plan her a surprise birthday party. I asked her for her birthday and she said it was April 16th. Just enough time to plan it all out. This was going to be the best night of her life.