Performances and Heartbreaks

"Ok but what do I wear?", I said as I text Johann. He wouldn't tell me where he was going to take me and that depended on my outfit! "Just wear something a little dressed up but not too much", he responded. Ok, let me see. I looked at my closet and rummaged through it. I decided that I would wear a dress my parents bought me for my birthday. It was black and looked formal but also not too dressed up. I decided to pair it with some black pumps and the necklace Johann had got me. I curled my hair and did a dramatic makeup look. I looked in the mirror and I was super impressed with myself. I looked mature and I was really happy with the outcome of my look.

I gave myself the final adjustments when I got a text from Johann. "Meet me outside :)", it read. I told my parents goodbye and I walked outside. Johann's car was covered in balloons. Their was car paint written all over it that had the number "18" written multiple times. Johann stood in front of his car looking handsome as ever. He was dressed in a black dress shirt and dress pants with a crown swinging in his hand. I walked up to him and looked up at him.

"You can't have a princesa without a crown", he said placing it on my head. "Thank you Jo Jo", I said giving him a tight hug. "Ey don't thank me yet; the night has only begun", he said opening the door for me. On my seat, there was a blindfold. "Well, it's kind of a surprise..", he said as he sat down next to me. "Okay fine!", I said as he tied the blindfold around my eyes. On the way to wherever we were going, Johann played a playlist of all my favorite songs. We drove for a little while before I felt him park the car. I was so into the music, I didn't manage to pay attention as to what direction we were driving in and how long we had been driving, so I had no idea where we were.

"We're here!", he said opening my door and helping me out of the car. I still had my blindfold so he held me hand and walked me to what seemed to be the "entrance" of our location. He let go of my hand and I felt scared without his touch. "Wait Johann where am I can I take off the blindfold?", I said in confusion. "Ok take off your blindfold in 3..2..1..", he said. I took off my blindfold and everything was pitch black before the lights turned on and a bunch of people yelled "SURPRISE!". I looked around and they're seemed to be at least 100 people here all from our school.

I realized we were in some kind of party place and it looked amazing! There was a DJ booth set up, a stage, a present table, a whole buffet of food, and so many beautiful decorations. It was kind of dark except for scattered black lights but it looked so cool! Johann came back up to me and held me in a tight hug. "Thank you so much!", I said hugging him. I tried not to cry, but I couldn't help it since I was so greatful and let out a light cry into his shoulder. Thankfully, my makeup was waterproof. I can't believe someone would love me enough to do all this for me. If only Richard was here to see it I thought.

"I knew you needed a party redo so I thought this would be a perfect present. Oh and there's one more surprise", he said. I never had a boy spoil me like this and it wasn't a quality I needed in someone, but it was so nice he was so fortunate to be able to do all this for me. I saw Johann walk up to the DJ booth and grab a mic silencing everyone. "So, I have one more surprise for Nikki and I am ready to reveal it. Nikki, this one is for you", he said giving me a wink.

He came back to me and held my hand. Suddenly, the lights went out. "Oh eh.. Oh eh, eh eh oh", I started hearing. Wait, that was the begging of Tan Facíl? But they were on tour they can't be- before I finished my sentence, I saw five boys walk on stage. The black lights came up and my jaw dropped. CNCO WAS HERE?! I looked at all the boys as they began the song. Erick.. Joel.. Zabdiel.. Christopher... Richard! I noticed he had been looking at me the whole time. My jaw dropped in amazement as I looked at him. His eyes twinkled and he looked at me the whole time he was on stage. I couldn't wait for him to finish so I could go up and hug him.

As they finished Tan Facíl, I managed to find Lauren and Yoandri in the crowd of people who were dancing. Johann then grabbed me and started dancing with me. The four of us were all dancing together when the song started to end. As soon as it did, I let go of Johann and began running towards the stage. Richard quickly jumped off and swooped me off my feet. He hugged me tight and cried as he kissed my head a million times. I hadn't realized how much I missed him until now. I don't know how long we cried and hugged, but after a while we let go and our foreheads touched. "What are you doing here?!", I said looking into his eyes. "I couldn't miss your birthday for anything Nikki", he said giving me one tight squeeze. "Hold on I need to get something but wait for me ok cuz I have something to show you", he said giving me a forehead kiss and going outside towards the back.

I remembered I had left Johann all by himself, so I went back to him. He was with Yoandri and Lauren and then noticed I had joined him. He gave me a sad smile and whispered in my ear. "Come with me", he said taking my hand. I followed him to a door in a far corner of the party. I expected some pony to walk out of this place but instead it was a storage closet. He told me to go inside and I did but I still felt awkward.

We both stood in the small space and I was confused why we were here. "Nikki listen uhm.. I wasn't at school yesterday because I met with Richard for lunch since his flight landed yesterday. He didn't specify that you guys were dating but I could tell his admiration for you. I know I have the expensive clothes and the fancy cars and the mega birthday parties, but I don't think that is equal to the amount of love in his heart Richard has for you. I have been falling in love with you every single day after we met and I don't know if you feel the same, but I wanted to tell you how I felt and I want you to be with whoever makes you happiest", he said as he held my hand.

"Jo Jo, I honestly don't know who I love now. I'm so happy that I was able to find such an amazing best friend like you and I swear I have had the same feelings toward you to. I want to do what my heart feels is right, not my brain, and I don't want to hold you back from an amazing girl you can spoil one day. I don't know if I'm ready to start a relationship with you, but I know you will always be my friend no matter what", I said.

I could tell he was upset. I didn't want to make him sad, but I knew I had to be honest to him about my feelings. He was right. Richard wasn't perfect like Johann and that's what made him perfect for me. We were perfectly imperfect together and that's what made us special. I didn't need anything fancy, but Richard's heart was more than enough to make me love him.

"I feel the same way Nikki. I live for the princesa's happiness. I know it's your birthday and I shouldn't be asking you for favors, but can I ask you for one thing", he said leaning his forehead against mine. "Anything Johann", I responded.

His lips gently swepped mine as he kissed me. We both knew we weren't meant for eachother, but we still loved eachother very much and we needed this kiss of closure. Just like his nickname for me, he kissed me like I was a princess. He was gentle and didn't push any boundaries. He let me be in control of it which was something i wasn't used to in a kiss, but I liked this control of power. The kiss didn't last very long, but it was well worth it. It was soft and sweet and had to be done.

After the kiss, I felt a sense of closure in my heart but I don't think Johann resipricated. I hugged him and I felt true tears fall down his cheek. He was heartbroken. I just broke his heart. I knew he was taking it hard, but I know in the future he'd be greatful for this. We stood their hugging for a long time as I felt his warm tears come down onto my shoulder. He eventually picked his head back up and I held his face in my hands. What did I just do?

"Uhm.. I think I'm gonna go home", he said inbetween sniffles. "I'm so sorry", I managed to whisper before I felt a few tears drip down my cheek too. I lifted his head down to me and gave him one final soft kiss on his forehead before I squeezed his hand and we both walked out of the storage closet.

"Are you sure your gonna go?", I said rubbing his back. "Yeah uhm I don't want me to ruin your day. Enjoy your birthday princesa", he said before he quickly grabbed his keys and walked outside.

So far, I wasn't sure which party was worse: getting raped by my best friends brother or shattering my best friends heart.

Sorry this part was really sad but only one part left of my fanfic and I promise it'll get better! Plus, I have some good news: THERES A PART 2! I will give you more details in the last part being posted on Friday! Thank u all for 1k+ reads that's absolutely CRAZY and that's why you guys deserved a part 2! Ilysm! ~Dani