Lab Partners and Resistance

It's been two months since I started school here. It's been ok I guess. Lauren and I have become really good friends and everyone around here just thinks I'm some quiet nerd. I get weird looks and have heard people talk about me, but I've shut my mouth since I'm scared what would happen if I said the wrong thing and got expelled again. I walked into Chemistry today taking my usual seat in the back next to Lauren.

"Class, today I will be assigning you with your new lab partner for The Chemistry Project. You will have to work diligently on your own time with your partner because it is due in two weeks", said my teacher. I gave Lauren a small smile hoping we'd be partners. "First, let me have Nikki and Richard."

Richard! I can't be with Richard! Is this a joke? Yes, he was super hot in his curly dark brown hair and strong body and perfect smile and sparkly eyes but he was a jerk and I know I'd end up doing all the work. He looked back and gave me a small smile and I glared back. I wanted him to know from the start that I wasn't like all the other girls who'd easily fall in love with him and I that did NOT want to work with him.

I had to sit next to him so I waved goodbye to Lauren and took a seat next to Richard. I noticed he had a bunch of equations and notes on his desk but quickly shoved them into his backpack. "Hi. What's your name again? I'm Richard," he said with a wink. "I'm Nikki and I'm telling you from the start that I'm not here to play games. I need an A in this class." "Playing hard to get, huh? Hm.. I like that. But fine whatever you say smarty." He gave me one of his perfect smiles before looking back at the teacher.

I could already tell it was going to be extremely hard to resist him.