Chapter 2: Welcome To Lincoln High

Olivia's P.O.V.

"You'll do just fine, Liv." Dad reassured me as he parked the car to drop me off.

"I know..." I said.

"You always do. Love you honey." He leaned to kiss my forehead but I stopped him.

"Not here dad!" I exclaimed. "Love you too though."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the car and walked through one of many glass doors to enter Lincoln High School. I knew my locker number and combination, but I wasn't sure where my locker really was. I just followed locker #94 up until my number (#109) would appear. Once I got to my locker and put my backpack on the hangar in it, I browsed my schedule for my first class which happened to be Spanish. Classroom #38.

"Need some help?" A girl about my height with red hair asked. "I see you're new here."

"Is it that obvious?" I panicked.

"No!" She giggled. "I can just tell because I've never seen you around before. Anyways, do you need any help? Like, getting around anywhere? Or with opening your locker?"

"Actually, I'm not sure where room #38 is."

"I'll show you. Follow me. And by the way, I'm Annalise." She smiled. What a kind person! Going out of her way to help a clueless newbie without noticing her ugly kitten socks.

"I'm Olivia." I smiled back. "But you can call me Liv."

I followed her to the Spanish room, and thanked her. I didn't think I needed any more help since the rest of my classroom were in the 30's and 40's. Spanish went well, and so did History, Science, Art, and Band. But when I was heading to lunch, someone noticed my socks.

"Meow!" A tall guy wearing a football jersey murmured.

"Meow!" His gang of friends started to copy and giggle. I tried to walk away.

"Where are ya going kitty? Hey boys, that can be her new nickname!" They all laughed.

"My nickname is Liv, short for Olivia." I tried to explain.

"Well kitty is short for wimpy little kitten, which suits you better. Oh, and nice socks" Said the leader causing the rest of the gang to crack up. I opened my mouth about to say something, but someone stopped me.

"Hey boys." A tall girl, with long, stick-straight, well-groomed hair and glittering green eyes said.

"Hey sexy ladayy!!" The jock winked.

"Can you cute boys do me a favor, and call her Olivia? It's just, I named my pet cat Kitty, and she died. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear that name. Oh, and while you're at it, you should let her be, for the rest of high school." She smiled at them.

"Anything for a babe like you!" The jock winked and left with the rest of his gang to football practice. Why would a girl with goddess-like qualities defend an ugly duckling like me?

"Thank you so much! And just for the record, I couldn't find any socks that-"

"You don't have to explain." She smiled. "I'm Liliana. And you are?"

"Olivia. I mean, please, call me Liv." I said. What is up with these generous people here?

"Great to meet you. Need someone to sit with at lunch?"

"Oh, you don't have to sit with me."

"Well too bad." She laughed. And that's how I knew a friendship was blossoming.

Thanks for reading! More chapters coming soon! Also, you should go check out the book "Soccer With The Boys" by norski_66. It's a great book, and it's even fun to read if you aren't a soccer player!