Chapter 4- Kai Jongin

A/N "Okay maybe this one is long but it's worth it bby girl okay? lol ... Just read the imagine already .."

---------------------

"Auntie!" a tiny voice shrieked. I jumped a bit, seeing my daughter out of her stroller and reaching for the jewelry.

"No, May," I said, ushering her back to the stroller. "I need you to stay in the stroller, please. Okay, darling?" I knelt, buckling her back in, which was only for show at this point. She'd figured out how to get out. "Can you do that for mommy? We'll leave in just a minute."

I rose to my feet, turning back to the table of sweaters I was looking at. It had been ages since I actually got new clothes for myself. I sighed, looking down at your yoga pants, t-shirt and old sweatshirt. "What's the point?" I thought, grasping the stroller and leaving the store.

A lot had changed since Nyah had to leave to go see our dad She was usually the one who helped me since she was older than me. I didn't have time to put an outfit together anymore. I didn't have time to do much at all with a two year old to chase after. My wardrobe consisted of yoga and sweat pants in various colors, t-shirts, and your sweatshirts from university. Your hair was often tied up in a bun – roots grown out and split ends that would make your mother cry. The only time I actually wore make up was when I went to the EXO concerts with my husband Kai and his best friends. Oh Kai, thank God for him. He didn't care what I wore or if your hair was washed or not – he always thought I was the most beautiful thing in the world.

I made a quick stop for a new coat for May before hauling everyone into the car and heading home. I was meant to spend the day with Kai at the zoo but he was called in to the studio to make some last-minute adjustments to a song with D.O and Tao. (pretend they're still in the group ... okay? okay.) It wasn't the first time he had to cancel plans, and I was sure it wasn't the last, but that was part of being the wife of a popstar. You didn't mind. He always came home to Me and May and that's what mattered most.

***

"Babe?" Kai called, stepping into the house.

"Kai!!" you sang, hearing the door shut behind him. "Kim-Kim's home!" you said to May, who was sitting on the floor in front of you, playing with her toys. She looked up at me, curls falling in her eyes – and a smile like her mother. "We're in here!"

"I'm home!" he shouted, appearing in the doorway with his arms wide open. He ran over to May first, scooping her off the ground and spinning her around. She squealed her high-pitched laugh and kicked her legs. He swaddled her in his arms, nuzzling his nose in her hair. "Were you a good girl for mommy today?"

"We need to get a new stroller," I sighed shaking my head smiling. "Someone has figured out how to unbuckle herself."

"Uh oh," he muttered. "You're getting so big, May-so. I need you to stop that right now." he smiled.

You smiled, "She's outgrown all her clothes too. I bought new things today."

"New clothes?" he asked excitedly, tickling at May's stomach.

"Yeah we got some pretty dresses and a new coat. I found something for the wedding, as well."

"It's not pink, is it?" he asked apprehensively.

"No, blue. Why?"

"I guess her dress has pink in it and she wants to be the only one in pink, " he explained. "That's what Kyungsoo said."

"Isn't the bride usually the only one in white?"

"She likes pink," he said, shrugging. You cracked a smile, shaking your head as he took a seat on the couch. May crawled out of his lap and dropped to the floor to return to her toys.