Chapter One - The Beginning

ANNABETH's POV

"Good morning, Miss Annabeth." Maria Reventolli and Mia Carvenn, my personal assistant/bodyguard/protector and my personal stylist greeted me when they entered my bedroom after knocking thrice on the mahogany double-doors, pushing a trolley for my breakfast and the latter with her tablet.

Upon lying on my huge bed, umupo ako dito at tinignan ko sila with my signature ice-cold stare. Of course, they apologized pero hindi sila natinag sa tingin ko sa kanila. Why would they? They've served me for almost all their life kaya alam nila na dapat nila akong katakutan. They know me since childhood and I'm not just no one or someone but I am Miss Catherina Isabella Marinne Elizabeth Petrova Volcoffh-Duquaine, Crowned Princess of Coscovia and the Volcoffh Heiress. Also known as The Lady Miss Annnabeth Petrova. I am the one you should fear the most above all. At alam nila iyon at kung bakit ako naging ganito. It is because of that one fateful day... years ago... when-

"We will be serving for today's breakfast... Freshly-brewed Earl Grey tea  accompanied by Belgium Chocolate Croissant from the finest chocolatier and patissier of Belgium and France." Naputol ang pagre-reminisce ko of my bitter past dahil dito kay Maria who's now serving my breakfast.

I look at her. Then I said, "I won't have breakfast in bed today. Serve it at the dining table." " Yes, Miss Annabeth."

"Mia, prepare my outfit for today. I'm going to the company."

"Yes, Miss Annabeth. Today, you'll be wearing a black Versace dress accented with colorful stargazer designs, cream-colored Prada heels and an ecru birkin bag. Also, a single princess-cut diamond earrings and necklace jewelry set. For your hair, let it be in wavy curls and just a bit loose at the sides. Would you like any changes, Miss Annabeth?" Mia scanned her tablet and looked at me asking.

"No, that would be fine. I will be having lavender oil for my bath and I want to arrive at the company by 8 a.m. sharp." Sabi ko at bumaba na ng aking bed at papuntang banyo. "Noted. Do you want me to help you to your bath or will you need anything?" pahabol niya.

"No. I can manage and I won't be needing anything for now. You two may leave." I told her before akong pumasok ng tuluyan sa banyo. Dinig ko pa ang pagsara ng pinto. I discard off my nightdress and stepped inside the lavender-scented bath tub and lie there until I was done.

"G-GOOD MORNING, MISS ANNABETH." My employees stuttered with fear when I entered the company I built. Yes. I built. I did not graduated at 12 for nothing. I did not beat those geniuses at Harvard and Standford and all those prestigious institutions for nothing. I'm a Volcoffh for crying out loud! I was the engineer, the architect, the financier, and definitely the owner and CEO of Volcoffh Group Of Companies. Actually, I have all kinds of businesses there is and I'm going to inherit my grandfather's businesses and properties, Monsieur Alexi Kristoffh Volcoffh, in the future together with my twin brother. Well, you'll get to know them some other time.

I stared at them coldly in return and went straight to my office in the 30th floor with Maria and Mia. The whole 30th floor is my office and as well as Maria and Mia's since they are in charge of my other businesses which I don't have enough time to work on. I don't do every night sleeps. I can do anything others cannot do. I'm Annabeth Petrova, of course.

As I was scanning the files on my table, Maria knocked thrice. I knew it was her. I can sense her presence. She's the hard one while Mia is the nosy and the caring one. "Come in." I said ng hindi nag-aangat ng tingin.

"Uhhmm... M-Miss A-Annabeth.. Uhh..." She's acting strange. Maria never stutters unless... I look at her with a blank stare.

"SPEAK." I ordered.

"King Nicholas demands your presence at The Coscovian Palace as soon as possible." Sabi niya ng mabilisan. Though mabilis, I understand her very well. Oh. Nicholas. My Ever-so-loving Father. I despise him so much and his gold-digging bitches for a wife and a daughter. Hearing his name makes my blood boil. I did not show any emotion as Maria waits for my words, feeling uneasy.

"Tell my ever-so-loving Father I'm very busy and he should set an appointment if he wants to talk to me." Well, if he can wait for months and months dahil super full ang schedule ko. Gusto kong idagdag but huwag na. Such a waste of time. Take note of the sarcasm.

"He demands it and even Monsieur Alexi approves of it." Rason niya.

It seems so important para aprobahan ng lolo ko iyon, eh, their not in good terms. "Fine. Get my private plane ready and we're off for Coscovia. It wouldn't hurt if I leave France for a while. Besides, Coscovia is my country too and I kinda need some new air to breathe." Litanya ko. Maria bowed in respect at umalis na.

I looked at the picture at the shelf beside my table. A mirror of a face I carry. I took it into my hands and gently touch it. This would be one of those rare times I showed a hint of emotion.

"You'll always have a place in my heart and no one can ever take it from you. I will always love you. Always and Forever... MOTHER..."

Thank you for reading!!!... I hope you liked it. ^_^