Fifty Five - A Chat With Vann

"YOU IMPRESSED ME, ISABELLE!"

"As always." I replied to Vann Bernard while bumababa ako sa grand staircase wearing a dominant red knee-length dress na may mga red crystal beads neatly decorating the round neckline and white stilettos from Jimmy Choo and a Lana Marks Cleopatra clutch bag I hand.

He took my hand as I took the last step of the stairs.

"You just did not impress me. You overwhelm me with the most beautiful woman on earth is here beside me. And we're going to a date." His signature killer smile did not affect me but I patted his shoulders instead.

"Your flirting does not affect me."

He laughed gorgeously then sighed afterwards. "Poor me."

He escorted me to a sleek white Audi R8 V10. "I know you already have one or may be a pair but that's it."

"You know what kind of Audi my favorite is, huh?"

"Anything for my love." Umiling nalang ako.

While on the road, I asked him about his activities. He answered them honestly. Like 'honest'.

"I was about to bed the girl but then one of her guards rushed in and told me that she's mistress to King James."

"What the? Doesn't she have the moral decency have loyalty to the old King? So, what did you do?"

"Well, I backed off and stormed out. But of course, I reported her to King James that night. I may be at stake if she told the story the other way around. That may start a feud."

"Hm. If I'm in your place, I wouldn't have done the same."

"And why?" he glanced at me while driving.

"Oh well. I could get her punished."

He chuckled. "Too harsh."

"And you, old man..."

"Hey! I'm not old. I'm 28."

"Still... You're not young. In teo years, you'll be thirty and yet, you don't have a bride to be your queen."

He sighed. "Well, there is one." He looked at me. "The only one."

I looked away. "W-Who?"

"You."

Marahas ko siyang binalingan.

"Vann Bernard..."

His eyes went straight to the road. "I know, Isabelle. I know."

I reached for his free hand na nakapatong lang sa thigh niya. Bale, he's driving single-handedly and my kompiyansa akong di siya papalya sa pagda- drive. He's my race partner way back in France.

"I'm sorry."

Bigla siyang napapreno. Mabuti lang at naka- seatbelt kami.

"What did you say?" imbis na ako ang mag-react, siya. Mahina niya itong sinabi na hindi talaga makapaniwala.

I looked straight at his eyes. "You heard me."

He looked so frustrated dahil hindi ko inulit.

Tahimik lang kami patungong isang classy na restaurant.

"We're here." Yun lang at lumabas siya, umikot sa side ko para pagbuksan ako.

"Good evening, Sir. Madame."

"Miss." I corrected the receptionist.

"M-Miss..." takot na bati uli nito.

Vann Bernard let out a sigh. "Table for two."

"This way." Turan nito.

May lumapit na waiter sa table namin after akong pinaghila ng upuan ni Vann Bernard at pag-upo nito. "Castilione?"

Tanong nito using Vann Bernard and Alexa's surname.

"Yes." Sinenyasan ito ni Vann Bernard na yumuko at may binulong dito ang ka-date. Tumango ito at umalis.

Magtatanong sana ako kung ano yun pero nahagilap ng mga mata ko ang napaka-familiar na bulto sa di- kalayuang table.

Luminga ako only to confirm that it's Vince. With the girl kanina sa mall.

"What's the matter?" tanong ni Vann Bernard.

"Nothing." I tried my best para hindi mag- stutter. Dahil, nasaktan ako, inaamin ko. Sobra.

Thank you for reading! ^_^