Chapter Twenty Two - Meeting With Vince

I SAT ON MY SWIVEL CHAIR WITH MY ELBOWS ON TOP OF THE TABLE AND MY CHIN RESTING ON MY ENCLOSED HANDS. Sunod na pumasok si Alexa na sobreng tensed. Akmang uupo siya sa upuan sa tapat ng office table ko when I forbid her to do so.

"Shopping during work hours AND without permission is a serious matter."

"A-annie... I just want to unwind from stress because of work, work, work." Lumabi ito sa akin.

"It is not a good excuse to leave your work in the hands of people who has their own task to do, Alexa."

"I'm not like you, Annie. You're so workaholic! While I, Alexandra Corinne Rebekah Marie Castilione, First Princess of Andovia, enjoys life 'coz life is short." Pagra- rason nito.

She saw my jaw tightened. And she knows I'm near anger.

"It doesn't mean that you are the First Princess of Andovia, you can wander about all you want. Crowned Prince Bernard, your brother, let you come with me because he knows you will be the responsible and dutiful princess they want you to be if you stick with me."

"But I don't want to be the one they want me to be. I'm no robot like you. I don't want to be a princess!" tears rolled down her cheeks. That's it. I stood up and faced her.

"Do you think I wished to be born a princess?! All my life, Alexa. All my life, I wished I was someone else. Someone who can do whatever I want. Someone free of these that I have. That I am."

"Then set yourself free! No one's stopping you."

Tiningnan ko siya diretso sa mga mata. " I can't, Alexa."

"Why?! Tell me! I know you've been hiding things from me and I know William knows it. It's unfair! You're keeping secrets from me- your bestfriend!" humihikbi na siya. I avoided looking at her. I don't want to see her like this.

"Alexa, enough. You fulfill all your duties and responsibilities because it doesn't mean that you are not the crowned royal, you can simply escape from it. Expect it from me since Bernard entrust you to me."

She's trying to catch my gaze. "Tell me your secret, Annie. You trust me, right?"

"It is better if you know nothing, Annie. It would be safe for you." I headed to the door,

"I trust no one, Alexa. No one." Not even myself.

Linagpasan ko silang lahat at lumabas ng resto. Sumunod naman sila Maria.

"Miss Annabeth."

"I want to go to our next schedule."

"A 3:30 p.m. afternoon snack with Michaelis' representative in the main Michaelis Hotel branch." Maria reading the tablet she is carrying.

"Main Michaelis Hotel branch then."

"Do you need to change your outfit to something formal, Miss Annabeth?" tanong ni Mia pagpasok sa loob ng McLaren. They're both sitting on the front seats. Ako, sa likod.

"No need. This will do." I was just wearing a semi-formal midnight blue and white- striped Luxottica  dress paired with a gray pumps and a Channel sling bag.

We arrived 15 minutes,59 seconds, and 2 milliseconds from our said time of meeting. The hotel ay nagsusumigaw ng karangyaan at sophistication kahit sa labas pa lang ng gusali.

Giniya kami ng isang naka- uniform na babae patungo sa isang mesa sa loob ng isang mamahaling restaurant.

"Table for two, near an exit, far from the glass walls. Most importantly, a private place." Saad ng empleyado ng hotel.

Tinanguan lang siya ni Maria.

I neared the table only to see Michaelis' representative. No, the CEO- Vincent Anton M. Salvatore with those dark blue orbs choosing from the menu. Looking heavenly gorgeous wearing that black suit covering a shade of blue lighter than his eyes and paired with a red tie. I think the wide place became small. As if making me claustrophobic.

A few minutes passed bago ako natauhan that I have been checking him out. I felt relieved dahil mukhang busy siya sa folders kaya huli niyang namalayan na andito ako. I took the seat opposite his.

"I already ordered food. I hope you don't mind." Those eyes still remain a mystery to me.

"No I don't. I thought I would meet your representative? Not the CEO himself."

"Emergency." Tipid nitong sagot sa akin. He didn't even bother to look at me.

"Family?"

I saw his jaw clenched a bit. Yet, hindi nakabawas yun sa kagwapuhan niya. Bagkus, dumagdag pa. "Why do you care?" nasusuyang tanong nito sa'kin.

I search his eyes, "Actually, I don't care. Vince..."

Thank you for reading!!! ^_^