Fifty Six - Spoiled Date

I TRIED NOT TO LOOK AT THE TWO NA SIYANG-SIYA. They look perfect together. So right. They were talking and laughing as if they don't care about the people around them. It hurts. The truth is,

I'm jealous.

"What? You're jealous. Of who?" curious na tanong ni Vann Bernard.

Did I say that aloud? Oh. Worse is, binalingan niya ang tinitingnan ko.

"Ooh... I heard from Mia you have a boyfriend. And, I wouldn't believe it because I know you very well."

Wooh! I thought natunugan niya. Ang daldal talaga ni Mia!

"But then I guess, I was wrong. Of course everyone says, love conquers all. You, Isabella, is not an exception." May pa point pa ito ng forefinger sa akin.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Think whatever you want to. I don't care, anyways."

"Okay." He grinned that starts to give me the creeps.

"Vann Bernard..." I said in a warning tone.

"What?" magmamalinis pa.

I gave him a death glare. Mabuti naman at lumapit ang waiter kanina at nagsimulang maghain ng pagkain.

I don't know what the food's name is since si Vann Bernard ang pumili. It looks inviting and I bet its very delicious.

"Bon appetite." He said.

Nagsimula na akong kumain and Vann Bernard did everything he can to make this date perfect and alright. He even threw some jokes that made me forget Vince and the girl he's with tonight.

After the main course, we chatted afew.

"How's life here in the Philippines?"

"Very fine and this vacation is worth remembering. I love it here and I made plans in the future of having my own house here. And maybe - just maybe, get to live here often with my kids."

He smiled. "I hope I get to have those kids with you."

Nawala ng ngiti sa mga labi ko. "Vann Bernard."

"Okay, okay. I get it. I don't have any chances on you."

Mayamaya'y lumapit ang parenong waiter- which is the manager itself pala. Hehehe! My bad.

"A dessert prepared exclusively for our most important and valuable guests." He set the dessert in front of us.

"Choco Carrot Cake." Sambit ko.

"Yes. Your favorite. I have them prepared it for you. Only for you." He reached out for my hand and smiled genuinely.

"You don't have to..." ako

"Well, I wanted to. Eat." Siya

I took the dessert fork and started getting chunks of the cake.

Heaven.

"You know what, Vann Bernard? Might as well dig in to this. Or else I won't give you even one bite."

"Greedy. But no need. Go on. I won't asked."

Even though wala akong pakialam sa iba, I can't help na ma-aware sa tingin na  inibigay sa akin ni Vann Bernard also, sa paghawak nito sa kamay ko. But then, may nararamdaman akong may tumitingin sa akin.

I looked at Vince's direction only to see him staring at us. Especially sa magkahugpong na kamay namin ni Vann Bernard. I looked away.

Kumain lang ako ng cake although para akong nagi- guilty dahil para akong nagtataksilsa harapan niya. But come to think of it, he's with someone else too- a girl.

May napansin akong kulay black na box sa base ng papaubos na cake. I separated the box from the cake.

"Oh. Now you've seen it." Kinuha niya ang black box at nilinisan ito gamit ang table napkin. Tumayo siya at pumunta sa side ko. He guided me to stand.

He opened the black box and took out the shiny thing from it.

He took my hand to his.

"With this, declares my unconditional love for you, Isabelle."

That thought caught the attention of many- including Vince and the girl's.

Vann Bernard clasped a white gold bracelet on my wrist with a dangling letter 'V' studded with black diamonds.

" 'V' stands for Vann.Like the old days..." Natigilan ako. "Also, I have mine." He raised his wrist. Ngayon ko lang napansin ito pero ang sa kanya ay letter 'I' naman studded with blue diamonds. "There, black and blue." He then laughed softly.

Rinig ang palakpakan ng mga tao sa loob. "They sure do look like a very beautiful-no, a perfect couple." Binalingan ko ang pinagmulan ng tinig na iyon.

Vince's girl.

Vince eyes bore into mine. His eyes are dark. Not the usual color it was.

I swallowed a lump in my throat.

I winced a bit as Vann Bernard took me into his arms and gave me a tight embrace.

"I love you."

I know Vince knows what Vann Bernard whispered in my ears.

He's not dumb and neither stupid.

Everything happens fast and I saw Vann Bernard on the floor, himas-himas ang mukha.

"What the hell are you doing, man?!" galit nitong bulalas.

"Stay the hell away from my girlfriend! She's mine!"

Vann Bernard charged to him and punch him in the face as well. "Really? And who are you to date someone else you're your girlfriend is with me hurting because of you?!"

Vince stared at me at pinaling ko ang aking ulo sa ibang direksiyon.

"You stay away from, Isabella." Duro nito kay Vann Bernard.

"No. You stay away from Isabelle." Matigas na sabi niya kay Vince.

"Stop it, both of you." Pigil ko. Akmang magsusuntukan pa sana sila ng lumapit ang manager at sekyu para manghinahon.

Pero di sila nagpatinag.

"Goodness gracious!" litanya ko.

Pumagitna ako sa kanila then isa-isa ko silang binigyan ng malakas na blow in their faces.

Namilipit silang dalawa.

"Ghad, Isabelle! For Pete's sake, your unfair!"

"How come?" matigas kong tanong.

Sasagot pa sana ito pero bigla nalang akong hinila ni Vince. But, Vann Bernard managed to grab my other hand.

Nagsukatan sila ng tingin. Masamang tingin.

Oh no.

"Let go, Vann Bernard." Sabi ko, meaningfully.

His eyes pleaded for me to stay. Pero...

"Vann..."

And that's it, he let go of my hand.

Vann let go of me.

Thank you for reading! ^_^