Chapter 15: The Truth

The next week felt like a month. You were still in pain killers and nothing seemed to be getting better. The worst part was you didn't even know why you were there.
All you know is there is a huge wound in your neck, and it is hard to talk and breathe. Jacob didn't get to visit you that week because he was in school. He would sometimes drop in to give you some school sheets so you wouldn't be far behind, but that was it. He would kiss you on the cheek, then leave.
On Friday evening at around 4 o'clock, Jacob came for a visit.
"Hey babe", he said as he threw his book bag down in the empty chair in the room.
"Hi", You say trying to sound cheerful. You really were happy that Jacob had come to visit.
"Um, remember last week when-" Jacob started.
"When, uh. When you  asked about what happened?" He reminded you.
"Yes definitely", you replied.
"Well, the nurses said I can explain everything." Said Jacob nervously.
You feel a burst of joy run through you, even though this was a serious matter.
"What happened?" You question with wide eyes.
"Well you see", started Jacob. "You were at your house, and you decide to call Kamryn, why I don't know. But anyway, some man answered the phone. You didn't know who it was. So you reported it to the police. You found snapchat photos, and gave them to the police for evidence. Does any of this sound familiar? Asked Jacob.
"Not really. Keep going", you say astonished.
"Ok well, after the police showed up, you insisted we go with him. He agreed but said we had to stay in the car. Of corse, you being you, you didn't listen to that. We had arrived at the destination, and we made things.. official", blushed Jacob.
"I remeber that part!" You said with a laugh and blush.
Jacob laughed and continued.  "We heard a gunshot, and, then you got out, and I had to too. There was no way I was leaving you to do that by yourself." He said. "You found Kamryn, and...." Jacob paused.
"What?" You ask uneasy.
"Well, she was tied up and her mouth was covered. She had wounds all over her." Said Jacob with a weak voice.
"No! Where is she? Is she ok?" You say panicking. The line on your heart machine starts to get higher.
"y/n! y/n! Calm down please! The last thing I want is for you to get rushed into surgery!"
"Surgery?" You ask sarcastically.
"Well, I don't know! Something bad like that!" Said Jacob a little irritated.
You couldn't help but laugh.
-
Be sure to check out my new story! I have released chapters 1 & 2, and I want to see if you like it, so please message me telling if you like it or not!;)