Chapter 20: Where is She?

You had to leave after you were done. You had about 67 messages from your mom.
She wasn't suppose to be home from work for another hour.
"Where were you!?" Scolded your mother as you walked through the door.
You knew things were only going downhill from here.
"I-" you started. You were about to use the "I was at Kamryn's " excuse. That's when you realized, where was she? You start panicking. She still hasn't come to school. Something was wrong, you knew it. You've been so caught up in Jacob, that you forgot all about her. You feel your stomach churn.
"Yes? Please explain to me where you were all this time!" Yells your mother.
Your mind scatters from excuses you could use. You got nothing. You knew how strict your parents are. Your mom would have never let you go over to Jacobs house alone. The reason behind it was because she was scared that you were going to do what you had just done with him.
"I was studying-" You pause. "With a friend."
"Who is this friend?" Says your mother only 5 inches away from your face.
"Er- uh, Samantha." You said finally.
You had no clue who Samantha was. It was just a common name you had come up with at the top of your head.
"Funny because I've never heard you mention her name...." Says your mother knowing your up to something.
"She's uh- new." You stutter.
"Really?"
"Yes", you explain.
You mother says nothing, but gives you this glare, and leaves the room. You exhale in relief.
Now, you still didn't know where Kamryn was. You call Jacob.
Jacob answers the phone almost immediately.
"Uh- hi", he says awkwardly. It was a little bit awkward just because all you could both think of was what you had done less than an hour ago. It was great though. And you knew he knew it too.
"y/n, what's up?"
"Uh, Jacob, I have a serious question for you, and you have to promise to answer it." You say firmly.
"Look, I don't have aids if that's where your going with this...." Jacob says jokingly.
"What! No!"
"Oh, uh, then keep going", he chuckles.
"Do you promise to answer truthfully?" You ask seriously.
"Yes y/n, whatever you want." Jacob agrees.
"Where is Kamryn?" You ask in a robot tone.
"....."
"Jacob! Where is Kamryn!" You demand.
"She's gone y/n. She's gone."
-
more coming up!