Mind blowing

So I think I just figured out why Haymitch decided to save Katniss in the 74th Hunger Games, other that Peeta telling him to.

Even though I'm a hardcore hayffie shipper, I also do believe that Haymitch's first love was Mayslee Donnor. And who did Katniss's mockingjay pin belonged to before Madge? Mayslee Donnor. So I feel like Haymitch saw Mayslee in Katniss and he couldn't let her die, even though his love for Katniss was like a father to a daughter.

I came up with this theory while watching the video of safe and sound. Many speculate that Taylor was trying to portrait Prim's ghost on a bombed District 12 but I think she was trying to portrait Mayslee in the wood of 12, more specifically in the house by the lake that Mr. Everdeen showed Katniss before passing, and finding the mockingjay pin in there before her games, where she also wore the pin as her token. Which Madge's mom found when the body was brought to twelve with a letter from Mayslee that said to pass it on the family. Which is how Madge got it. And Madge had seen the recording of her aunt's games and Katniss reminded her of her aunt, so she gave the pin to Katniss to be her token in the games, which gave spark to a revolution that began with Mayslee Donnor.

A/N: okay so this was part rant, part plot twist and part head cannon, but I hope you liked it