It Was All a Dream

I wake up to my own screams and trashing around. Soon Peeta's arms wrap around me, like always, and he starts saying soothing things to my ear. I keep my eyes closed, crying into Peeta's shirt. I had dreamed of Prim's death again. I hadn't had that dream since Willow was born, so it's the first time in ages. I keep crying and some part of me wonders why Peeta hasn't tried to kiss me. It usually soothes me if nothing else does.

"Are you ok?" Peeta asks after I've calmed down a little.

"Yes, I just dreamed of Prim's death again." I say not bothering to open my eyes.

"We don't know if she's dead, Katniss. You've got to keep hope." He says.

I finally open my eyes to look at him about to scream at him. How could he say? And after all this years? But then u notice I'm not at our house in the Victors' Village. I'm in a hovercraft wearing a hospital gown. And so is Peeta. What happened?

"Peeta what happened? Where are we? Where are Willow and Rye?!" I ask afraid of what might have happened to my innocent children.

"Well, after you destroyed the force field, we were picked up by a hovercraft with a Mockingjay on it. You fell unconscious as soon as we got on, and so did I after a minute. Just like you I have just woken up so I'm not sure where we are. And by the way, who are Willow and Rye?" He says.

"What do you mean 'who are Willow and Rye?' They are our children! Willow our beautiful, 14 year old daughter, wavy brown hair and deep blue eyes, and Rye our stubborn, 10 year old son, blonde hair and gray eyes? How could you forget them?!" I ask in disbelief.

"Katniss, what are you talking about? We're 17, it's impossible for us to have a 14 year old daughter. And it would probably be Gale's anyways." He mutters the last part under his breath but I still heard him.

I then realized it was all a dream. From the moment I woke up in the hovercraft, to where Haymitch told me Peeta had been taken by the Capitol, to me being in 13, to me being the Mockingjay, to the hospital in 8 being bombed, to Peeta being hijacked, to Finnick's and Annie's wedding, to the rebellion, to Boggs dying, to Finnick dying, to Prim dying, to Peeta coming back, to us growing back together, to Finn being born, to Peeta and I getting married, to Willow being born, to Rye being born. Everything. A. Dream.

But this also means that I haven't told Peeta that I love him. I know I do, now. Especially after that dream. It also means that I can prevent things. I can keep Prim alive. If she still is.

"It was all a dream." I say softly.

"It must have been." Says Peeta.

"Let's go investigate where in the world are we." I say but realize that my dream could be wrong and we could have been captured by the Capitol, so I decide that I'll tell Peeta I love him before we go.

"Wait." I say. " One more thing before we leave."

I kiss him full on the lips. At first he's startled but soon kisses me back.

"I love you." I whisper in his ear. "I mean it."

He stare at me in shock and for a second I'm afraid that he doesn't love me anymore.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that. I love you too." Peeta says and we kiss again.

After that we get up and start looking around when we hear voices from a room.

Peeta takes a syringe with a blue liquid in it and signals me to be quiet. We enter the room and find Haymitch, Plutarch and Finnick talking.

They stop all they're doing right there and then we they see us.

"What's going on here?" Asks Peeta.

"Well, the love birds finally up? Had a nice sleep?" Haymitch says.

"What's going on here?" I say echoing Peeta just a bit angrier.

"Well, Sweetheart, you and LoverBoy over there, started a revolution the moment you pulled those berries out. We are now heading to District 13, I'll get to that, to meet with President Coin, the leader of 13, and start training for the war, this is the rebellion and you are the Mockingjays." Haymitch explains to us. It's like my dream but Peeta's not hijacked.

"Why aren't we going to 12?" Peeta asks.

"There is no District 12. It was bombed by the Capitol as soon as the signal was lost." Haymitch says.

"What about our families?" I ask.

"They're all fine and safe in 13." He says and I get a weight off of my shoulders.

The room is silent. Peeta and I are still trying to process all the information we've got.

"Why don't you two go have a sit and finish processing this while we get to 13?" Haymitch suggests. We nod our heads and remain silent the rest of the trip.

* * *

Finally I posted a one shot. It's been a while. If this seems familiar to any of you it's bc it used to be on a book I was writing but then realized it would be better off as a one shot so I'll be deleting that book. Sorry. Don't even bother checking it out.

Love y'all

- Valentina 💋