His Sister's Keeper pt. 2

*Re-Edited*

Lincoln pulled the girl away from the tree and I reluctantly followed as he led her away from the group of Sky People.

Arin was here.

That thought terrified me. Arin and I had turned into something more that just friends less than a full day ago and now he most likely saw me with Lincoln and the girl.

I trailed behind Lincoln and the girl. We walked in a line. Lincoln in the front, the girl in the middle, and me in the back. The girl was walking awfully slow due to her injured leg.

She soon leaned against a tree with her hand. Lincoln heard her stop.

"My leg." She said, slightly out of breath. She placed her free hand on the knee of the injured leg and rubbed it lightly, attempting to ease the pain. "I need to rest."

Lincoln walked over to her and picked her up, his right arm holding her legs, and his left arm holding her upper body.

The girl looked completely caught off guard, as was I, by his actions. Lincoln didn't say a word so neither did I. I stayed in the back even though there was no reason to now that Lincoln was carrying her.

"Thank you. You saved my life." The girl said as she turned to look at me then Lincoln. Lincoln didn't respond so once again, neither did I.

"That girl back there. I knew her, so if she's here then so is my brother. Please, you have to help them too. They'll kill him." She said quickly. Lincoln didn't respond and neither did I.

The girl sighed when she realized we weren't going to reply to her.

"You don't understand me do you?" She asked no one in particular.

"Great." She said sarcastically. Lincoln looked at her with a blank expression then turned and looked straight ahead again. We were very close to the cave.

When the cave was in sight, Lincoln approached it and placed the girl back on her feet. He proceeded to lift what looked to be a piece of wood off of the entrance and looked at the girl expectantly. She went in the entrance hesitantly with Lincoln's help, and I went in after them.

"Why are you taking care of me?" She asked us as Lincoln placed her on the soft dirt gently.

"You found me at the bottom of that ravine...fixed my knee..." before she could continue, Lincoln grabbed both of her hands and wrapped a chain around them.

"What the hell are you doing!?" She asked in a panicked voice.

"Please don't do this!" She said, this time looking at me. I knew she thought Lincoln and I were going to kill her.

"Ow! Stop it!" She sobbed. She was terrified.

I felt bad for her. In her mind, she was going to be dead soon. Lincoln continued to lock her up as she sobbed and begged for us to let her go.

Lincoln didn't respond.

And neither did I.
------------------------------------------------------

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I have to talk to Anya."

"About?" I asked.

"Not entirely sure yet." He replied.

"Well, we have to help them." I said as we left the cave.

"Forget about it." Lincoln replied.

"But--" I started.

"No 'But's. We could get banished from our clan if Anya finds out we're helping her. Now you want to help a whole group of them?" Lincoln said incredulously.

"Please Lincoln. Her brother is out there. If he gets killed, she'll be heartbroken." I said. I have way too big of a heart to let that happen.

I don't know why I'm helping her. Perhaps it's because I'm the cause of her being here in the first place. If I had watched where I was walking that day, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Lincoln sighed and rubbed his eyes with his left hand. I waited patiently for an answer.

"Fine." He said.

I smiled and gave him a quick hug. I started walking away towards the direction of the Sky People when Lincoln grabbed my upper arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked

"I'm going to help them." I said. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by his question.

He shook his head and nodded towards a small bag he had with him. He opened it and pulled out a medium sized horn. I recognized it immediately. We use these horns to signal to others if there is Acid Fog. I smiled mischievously.

He placed the horn to his lips and leaned his head back so he was looking at the sky and blew the horn twice. The sound of it made me shiver and turned my blood cold. When he was done he started off in another direction. I started to follow. When he heard me he stopped walking.

"Stay here. Make sure she doesn't leave." He said as he turned towards me. Before I could argue with him, he started off again.
------------------------------------------------------

Watching the girl was way easier than I thought. That worried me. I thought she would at least try and convince me to let her go or try and find a way out herself.

Instead she was silent.

Lincoln took longer than I anticipated and I got bored very quickly. Finally, he came back. He had a spear in his hand and approached the entrance to the cave where I was waiting.

"What are we going to do with her?" I asked. "Are we going to let her go back to her people or are we going to take her back with us?"

"You know we can't take her back with us. Anya would have her killed." He replied.

"So we're going to let her go." I stated.

He nodded his head and together we walked through the cave until we saw her. Her back was towards us so we couldn't see her face. She said nothing. I had a feeling in my gut.

Something wasn't right...

I walked over to her with the keys in my hand so I could free her. I heard Lincoln following close behind me.

I kneeled down next to her and she finally looked at me. I smiled at her sympathetically but before I could do anything, I felt a sharp pain on the side of my head.

I unwillingly welcomed darkness.

AN: That's the end of His Sister's Keeper.

The next chapter Bellamy and Joyla meet in person.

I hope you enjoyed!!!