Earth Skills

*Re-Edited*

Italics=Flashback

I barely got any sleep the night before. I couldn't stop thinking about the Sky People and wondering why they were here.

Luckily for me, Anya didn't notice I was gone last night. She was probably too busy explaining everything to the other members of our clan because when I got up in the morning, it seemed like the atmosphere around the camp changed.

Like everyone changed.

I was currently debating on whether I should tell Lincoln about how I snuck out last night. I knew he would be upset, just not as upset as Anya would be. I trusted Lincoln with everything, so in the end, I decided I would tell him.

Lincoln was drawing something in this small leather book he always carried around. I never knew what he drew in there.

I knew it had to be personal because a few months ago, when I tried to open it, he wouldn't let me and got really weird about it.

"Lincoln." I called out. He turned to me and I made a gesture with my head telling him to follow.

I walked away from camp until I knew no one would over hear. The last thing I needed was Anya keeping me on lockdown.

I came to a stop in front of a large tree, Lincoln following close behind. When he was right next to me I let out a shaky breath and once again debated on whether I should tell him or not.

I trusted him more than anyone.

"I snuck out last night." I said to him in a whisper. He looked at me confused, wondering what the big deal was.

"I went to the crash site." I clarified.

His eyes widened slightly and they scanned over my face to make sure I wasn't lying. He sighed and rubbed his eyes like an upset parent would.

"Why would you do that? You could've gotten hurt." He told me.

"But I didn't. I'm fine." I replied. He worried too much.

"Anyway, that's not the point," I continued, "You wouldn't believe what I saw."

He looked at me, waiting patiently. I swallowed loudly, suddenly nervous.

"I saw the Sky People." I finally confessed. His eyes widened once again and he looked around us to make sure no one was listening to our conversation.

"You what?" He whispered loudly.

"I saw them. They're really strange. Not the brightest either. They were having trouble finding water even though there's a small lake a few miles away from them."

Lincoln had an incredulous look on his face. I was going to explain more, but I heard a branch snap. I pushed Lincoln directly behind the tree we were at and held a finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet.

"Have you heard about it?" A woman asked.

"About the village? Yeah." A man replied. They sounded like Tonya and Arin.

Tonya and Arin were brother and sister. They had black hair and dark brown eyes. They were often mistaken as twins but they weren't. We're around the same age, so my parents tended to force me to play with them when I was younger. Tonya and I became good friends, but Arin and I...

Not so much.

Arin and Tonya are almost complete opposites. Tonya is kind, adventurous, and slightly naive whereas Arin is bold, cautious, and experienced. He's very intimidating. One of the few things they have in common is their good looks.