Chapter 9

*Kellin's POV*
I was watching Vic as the doctors began performing my c-section when suddenly his eyes went wide, "What are they doing?"

"Uhh, they're, um, opening your stomach," I held back from rolling my eyes, he always tried to sugar coat things but then I mentally thanked him, it must not have been a pretty sight.

"Oh," was all I managed to say.

All of a sudden I felt warm liquid all over my abdomen, my fingers began to tingle as I realized I was losing blood... lots of it. I started to feel dizzy, like I was in a daze-like dream.

"What's happening to him?!" Vic shouted but it seemed so distant.

"We're losing him," I heard the doctor say faintly.

I knew this would happen, the doctor told us from the beginning that it would be possible that I could die from blood loss. I mentally prepared myself for it, as long as my daughter was born safe and healthy then nothing else mattered, she would have a wonderful father like Vic to take care of her.

I felt my eyes start to feel heavier by the second, I felt Vic cup my cheeks, "Stay with me, don't close your eyes!"

It was a wrong time to finally decide what I wanted her name to be, but it just popped into my mind, "Tell Copeland I love her."

"What?" It took him a moment to catch on and I wanted to laugh, he could be so slow sometimes, "No, you're going to tell her that yourself. Look at me, you're going to say that to her, you hear me?"

I could barely hear him but when I heard my baby's cry, it was as clear as water.

I cried as I felt the doctor place her on my chest, "She's so small and wrinkly," I managed to say.

To my surprise, Vic was crying too, "She looks like you."

I looked at her and realized that she did, she had the same eyes as I did and my same skin tone. This time, I was the dominant gene, at least Vic could have her to remember me.

They were the last people I saw when my eyes finally closed shut.

*Vic's POV*
The nurse led me into a room, "I'll bring your infant in a moment."

I sat on the bed, still in shock. I couldn't have lost Kellin, we were just getting started in life. We had a beautiful baby girl to raise together, we had so many things left to do. I couldn't accept that he was gone.

The nurse came in with my tiny baby, handing her to me and left without saying a word. I looked at her, she was Kellin's exact replica.

I chuckled as tears flowed down my cheeks, "Hey there, Copey."

I sat there with her in my arms for what felt like hours, telling her everything about Kellin.

"He loved you the moment he knew you existed, he didn't think twice about the consequences," I kissed her tiny little head, "It took him five months to choose a name for you and at the last minute he finally did."

We heard a quiet knock and saw multiple doctors come in, "Mr. Fuentes..."

Some of them had their hung low, others avoided my gaze, and others looked at me with a sad expression, "Don't tell me he...?"

"We're sorry, Mr. Fuentes. We tried everything we could."

I looked at Copeland and hugged her against my chest as I stood up, "Let us go see him."

Tyler nodded and led me to a different room, inside I saw Kellin's body, "I'll give you guys your privacy," he said and walked away.

It didn't look like he was dead, it looked like he was sleeping just like when he would take naps at home, "Hey, Kells, look who came to see you," I slightly turned Copeland, "She's beautiful just like you."

I kneeled beside him, "Why'd you leave us?" I sobbed, "I can't be without you." Copeland started crying, "She can't live without you either."

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
I think I made myself cry while imagining this, I need to chill.