Chapter 11

*Vic's POV*
I refused to leave Kellin's room, so Tyler brought me a blanket so that I could sleep on the couch. Copeland was sound asleep on the bassinet, that plastic thing looked uncomfortable for her to lay in so I didn't know how she managed to sleep on it.

I don't know how long I've been awake, I was sleep deprived and high off of caffeine from the coffee. I was just about to close my eyes when I heard Copeland crying... again.

I groaned and picked her up, "What's wrong, Copey? Are you hungry?"

I picked up her baby bottle and fed it to her, her hungry little lips finding its way to the bottle. I smiled down at her as I rocked her, pacing back and forth.

"Vic...?" A weak voice said.

I turned around, Kellin was struggling to move his weak body, "Oh my god, babe," I walked over to him with Copeland in my arms, "Babe, look," I showed him our child.

He smiled, "She's so small," I carefully sat beside him, I felt like I was walking on eggshells, "Can I hold her?"

I wasn't sure if he was strong enough to carry her, he wrapped his arms around her as I placed her on his chest as I helped carry her.

"Kellin, you can't imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you put me through, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," I said half-heartedly.

"You probably won't believe me but... I saw my afterlife, I saw Lynn."

Hearing her name kind of hurt, "You... you saw Lynn?"

He nodded, "She was so happy to see me, she ran up to me. We caught up on some things, she even told me that she was watching over my pregnancy. She told me about hers too and she told me everything that happened after she left. Turns out that Alexa works in the black market, that's why they had to remain hidden. As for Tay, I saw her from above too."

My heart skipped a beat, "How is she?"

"She's perfectly fine, thankfully. She doesn't know what her Alexa is involved in, she's a nice girl, very smart too."

It was taking me a while to process this, "How'd you manage to come back?"

He lightly laughed, "I was about to step into my afterlife when Lynn stopped me and I quote, 'Kellin, get your behind back down there or I'll personally drag you down myself.'"

I chuckled, "That definitely sounds like her, why didn't she do the same?"

His expression saddened, "She pressed her palm on my forehead, I saw how she died from her point of view and it was horrible. She was sitting in her movie room, watching Monsters Inc with Tay when she started hearing gunshots and screaming. She quickly carried Tay and hid her in a tiny secret room behind a bookshelf, only big enough for one person."

I watched as he looked beyond me, reliving memories that weren't his.

"She told Tay to stay hidden until Alexa came or until it got quiet and to not make a sound. She looked so frightened," tears spilled over his eyes as he looked at Copeland, "Lynn tried to lock the door when she heard someone banging but they pushed the door and she flew onto the ground. There were these two men pointing their guns at her when a woman came in."

"She had these claw-like things on her fingers and she looked extremely wealthy

"She had these claw-like things on her fingers and she looked extremely wealthy. 'Your wife killed my husband, now I came here to kill you. An eye for an eye is how this business works,' was the first thing she said. Lynn tried to run away, only to end up being grabbed by the two men. Lynn asked who she was, and I swear I will never forget her name."

"What was her name?" It surprised me how Kellin remembered every single detail.

"Maria Brink," he said with disgust, "She used those claws of hers to scratch up Lynn's face. She was punched and kicked, beaten to pulp. Maria held up the gun to Lynn's forehead, ready to shoot her when Alexa barged in and shot one of the men. They had a shoot down, Alexa was able to reach up to Lynn who was at the borderline between life and death."

"Just... like you," I breathed.

"Lynn told Alexa where Tay was and her last words were 'I love you,' before Maria's gunshot reached Lynn's head, killing her in an instant. That's all she could remember," he looked back at me, coming back to our present life.

It must've been traumatizing for Alexa to see Lynn die that way, I didn't know what I would've done if I ever witnessed that with Kellin.

I shook my head, shaking the bad thoughts away, "What matters is that you're okay now, nothing bad could happen to us."

But with Kellin's luck, I wasn't so sure.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
I'm thinking of like 3 possible endings, not sure which one I'll pick yet. Maybe I'll have alternative endings? *shrugs* idk.