Chapter 10

*Vic's POV*
I lightly rocked Copeland who was crying uncontrollably, a normal person would've gone out and given her a bottle of milk but me? I was no where near normal, so I thought it was a nice idea to let her feel Kellin one last time.

I carefully took off her clothes, leaving her diaper on and placed her on Kellin's bare chest and put his arm over her. To my surprise, her crying eased down as her tiny little breaths evened out.

I wiped my teary eyes with my sleeve, "See, Kellin? You calmed her down," I laughed lightly, "You have that power even beyond death."

Copeland started to whine a little bit so I put my hand over her tiny back, she settled down again, "Out of all the things you taught me, you never taught me how to live a life without you," I leant in to kiss him, not caring if he was sick, contagious, even dead.

I was kneeled beside him for a few minutes with Copeland on his chest, I was having a hard time processing this. Never in a million years did I think I would lose him so quickly, I imagined growing old with him, possibly adopting another child and watch our children have children of their own.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*beep, beep, beep*

I looked up and saw that his heart monitor restarted

I quickly took Copeland into my arms, carefully running outside, "Doctor! Anyone! Kellin's alive! He's alive!"

Tyler came running up to me, "What happened? What's going on?"

"He's- He's alive! His heart monitor restarted, his heart is beating again! Just- go!" I said, basically ordering him.

He quickly ran inside with nurses following him, I swear if Copeland wasn't in my arms I would've been jumping around with joy, "Copey, looks like we'll get to live happily with your dada!"

I cuddled her up against my chest, a nurse came up to me, "Put this on her, she needs to be warm," she smiled.

"Thank you," I wrapped the blanket around Copeland, making her look like a burrito.

"Also, here's some milk incase she's hungry," she handed two bottles and gave me a quick wave and walked away.

While I anxiously waited, I told Copeland everything we would do as a family in the future.

~
I had fallen asleep with Copeland in my arms when I felt someone tap me, "Vic, wake up."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes and saw Tyler, "Oh, sorry, how's Kellin? Is he okay?"

"It's a miracle, I still don't know how this happened but he'll be under intensive care for a few days and-"

I gave him a hug-pat, maybe harder than I intended but I couldn't help it, "You can imagine how much in debt I feel with you, I owe you my life."

He lightly chuckled, "It's my job, I just did what I had to do."

"I know but thank you," I said, trying to hold back from crying, I was an emotional mess, "Can we go see him?"

He nodded as he led me to the elevator, taking me a few flights up. Once we reached the top floor, he led me to Kellin's room and dismissed himself.

It was an overwhelming feeling to see him dead and lifeless, to seeing him alive again with color on his pale skin. I caressed his cheeks, they were warm and showed a light shade of pink and his lips were back to their color.

And to think I thought I was never going to see his beautiful face again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Yay, Kellin's alive! It's a short chapter but I've got homework to do, there will be an update tomorrow for sure :)