Chap.14 • Ruler

> Antonio's POV <

Xenia Doukas. She was something special. I didn't know what it was but something about her drew me in like a prey to a predator. Her touch was my most favourite thing and I savoured every second of it but the moment I met her dark alluring hazel eyes I melted and instantaneously knew that I couldn't be alone with her again or I'd do something I'd regret.

I spent all night restlessly sleeping in my bed as the image of Xena in a sexy lingerie always remained in my mind, taunting me and reminding me that I could never have her. The next morning, the girls, Claudio and I will begin to formulate our plan to wring out the traitors.

I was in my office at eight in the morning as I wasn't getting any sleep so I decided to work instead to distract myself. I was barely dressed, only in cotton trousers that hung loosely around my waist, and my hair was dishevelled from the amount of times I ran my fingers through them in anger.

I growled, throwing a book against the wall, trying to get rid of this built up infuriation.

"Cazzo!" I hissed, pouring myself a glass of Rum and downing it down in one swift motion.

The moment the glass hit the mahogany desk, the door to my office opened slowly and cautiously. Immediately I was on guard but relaxed when I saw Xena slip into the room, quietly closing the door behind her.

"What you doing here?" I asked gruffly.

She gave me a once over before sighing as she took a seat opposite me. "I heard something bang against a wall so I was curious. Why you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep." I replied, eyeing her down as she played with the hems of her nightie. She looked so pure and the monster in me just wanted to ruin her. I gulped. "You?"

Her hazel eyes looked up at me, a flash of desire blinked in her eyes before disappearing at the speed of light.

"Same. I had a headache." She answered. "What got you so stressed out?"

"You." I wanted to say but instead I leaned back with a scowl and lied. "The traitors."

"Ah, the betrayers. Nothing is more fun than getting rid of them. My uncle would have me deal with the traitors in our family." She revealed.

Immediately this piped my curiosity and I lead forward, the scowl disappearing and instead I allowed the curiosity to show on my face.

"Uncle?"

"Yes, uncle." She gave me a secret smile. "People knew never to cross my uncle but when you do, oh you'd wish you didn't."

"And who is your uncle?" I dared to ask. Seconds after, a smirked crossed her face as she leaned back into the chair, crossing her arms over her chest and tutted at me in amusement.

"Can't tell you that. Goes against company policy."

"Would you ever tell me?"

She shrugged, her dark brown hair bouncing on her shoulder as she did so. "Maybe on the day our contract ends. Or maybe not at all. I heard you like mysterious girls."

I smirked at this statement. "And what would that mean for you?"

She laughed, so beautifully it made me feel as if no one could ever laugh the way she did. A bright amused smile spread across her face from ear to ear as her hazel eyes glittered at me.