chapter 9 - best friend meets her mate *edited*

Recap:

Then started walking out the back door carrying my art book so I can doodle in the woods.

As soon as I got to the gate to enter the woods, I started to get a bit nervous.

What if there are wolves in there? What if they eat me?

What I saw in front of me surprised me the most though.

"Lizzie?"

"Uh.....hi?"

Alishas POV

"What are you doing out here Alisha?" Lizzie said, stauttering her words out.

But the thing was, she was sat with two wolves either side of her.

"I wanted to get some fresh air and do some drawings, the question is what are you doing out here Lizzie?" I said walking slowly towards her.

The pure white wolf growled quietly like it was saying to back off or something, but being the stubborn girl I am, walked closer to the wolves making her walk further back.

The brown wolf with green eyes, started walking towards me as Lizzie and the other wolf sat back down.

It put its head down towards the floor as to telling me that it wont hurt me.

I looked around to see if Lizzie would help.

But instead she had her head burried into the pure white wolf.

After about ten minutes of staring into the brown wolfs green eyes I started to calm down and slowly touched his fur. I swear I could hear purring.

"How long?" I said,Lizzie's head looked up at me when I spoke.

She had a confused expression on her face.

"Have you known about these wolves?" I finished my sentance.

She understood my question and looked at the wolf next to her and nodded her head.

The white wolf then did a small growl at the brown wolf next to me probably saying to each other to leave us to talk as he bowed his head giving me a small nudge towards Lizzie, which I returned with a small glare towards them back.

I watched as the brown and white wolf trotted away together deeper into the woods.

"13" lizzie said after tbey were out of view

"What?" I said, confused about everything.

"Ive known about them since I was 13 years old to answer your question." She finished.

"But i was gonna tel-" I cut her off talking.

"Why didnt you tell me about them? Im your best friend and you've kept this a secret since you were 13!?!"

"I was gonna show you them all later on tonight when we go camping but I have to check with their leader to see if its okay first."

T-heres more? How many do you know??" Im still getting used to 2 now she knows more?

"5 actually."

"When will I get to meet the other 3 then?"

After a moment of silence between us both

A smile came across Lizzie's face,

"Now, you can meet the others now when we go camping. We're camping right near to their place anyways so there shouldnt be any problem."

"Okay"

"We should head up to the camp site. I'll get someone to drop off some of our stuff to the camp site."

*A/N: sorry if it's a bit confusing with the ages. Maths isn't my best subject as you can probably tell 😂*