16

Sirius's P O V (ohhhh, fancy!)

I was sitting in the kitchen listening to Molly and Mooney going on and on about how ill Erica is, when Charlie came down saying how she threw up and collapsed. molly, being molly, panicked and ran straight upstairs to check on her whilst Remus and Charlie start up a conversation with me listening,

"she's not going to like all the fuss you know, Remus..."
"i know but she's really ill, I found her on the attic floor this afternoon!"
"she doesn't look good at all, nearly as bad as that time I got her stinking drunk upstairs..."
"you what!?!?!??!??!?"
"oh.... hey Sirius, forgot you're there mate?..."
"do you think she'll be okay though?"
"yer, mum's great at this kind of stuff! she'll fix her up in no time!"
"good, when she's better, we might want to ask her about her Christmas, I don't think it was...great..."
"okay, tomorrow?"
"yer, sure."

I roll my eyes as the conversation draws to a halt and turn to ask the two, mainly Remus, if they'd herd from harry.

Erica's P O V

I wake up to Charlie and Remus shaking me, I feel a lot better than I did earlier. I look around, my eyes are heavy and my body is tired but I force myself into a sitting position and turn to  the two men sitting next to me. I look at them wearily and absentmindedly tighten my grip on the toy dragon Charlie gave me, they ask to talk and I nod in agreement. they ask me how my Christmas went and just the thought of it makes my bottom lip tremble as all the bad memories of this years Christmas come flooding back. Charlie lifts me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me as tears crawl their way down my cheeks. he hugs me tighter as I sob into the fluff of the dragon,
"your such a child, do you know that Erica? only you could get emotionally attached to a little stuffed dragon toy I sent you for Christmas!" he exclaims in disbelief but there is an element of humour in his words. Remus laughs at this but I just sob harder as I retell the events of my Christmas, by the end of my tale, I'm pretty sure my words were just a string of incoherent ineligible words but I think the boys could just about follow before my sobs took over.  

Charlie's P O V

after she told us the events of Christmas day, Erica sat sobbing in my lap with the toy dragon I sent her, she really seems to love the gift but I worry that her dads lack of care and her lack of an appropriate childhood has taken it's toll on her, she seems to have grown really attached to the toy and I haven't seen her let go of it since I arrived, I'm beginning to worry that maybe because she was forced to grow up too quickly, that now she's found a childish outlet, she wont be too willing to let it go. she's been so much quieter lately and she's so emotional, crying easily. the illness cant have helped either. I don't want her to feel the need to isolate herself from everyone. from me.

Erica's P O V

I cant think straight, all my thoughts and emotions are swirling around in my brain and it's giving me a headache. I cant stop crying but I cant breath, I need to get out of Charlie's arms, they're suffocating me! I struggle off of his lap and back away from them, to the far corner of the room, I sit there sobbing uncontrollably. my heart beat is frantic and I'm hyperventilating.  both Charlie and Remus, attempt to get closer to me but with every step they take, it feels like my throat is closing up and my whole body is shaking with fear and panic. there is a buzzing noise and black spots dance around my line of vision, that's the last thing I remember...

Remus's P O V

I sat there watching in horror as Erica pretty much had a mental breakdown. this isn't fair, we cant let her go on like this, its to much for her. but Sirius wont listen. her emotions cant handle this but there's no where else for her to go, she's not eating, sleeping and she still has a raging fever, I look up when I hear Charlie yell, only to see Erica out cold on the floor...