13

after a few more weeks, everyone left again,
molly and Arthur, went back to the burrow.
the auroras went back to their busy lives.
the kids returned to Hogwarts,
and Remus, was still away,
leaving just me and dad, alone. I guess I kind of hoped that even if he didn't like me that dad would be happier after Harry's long visit but if anything, it put him in a worse mood once he'd left.

a few days after everyone else departed, I was sitting at the kitchen table with Kreature, having a nice chat over a cup of hot chocolate which he insisted on making for me, our conversation was mostly dissing Molly Weasley and talking about how the house was better before everyone 'cleaned' it when in reality all they did was move things around and remove the doxies and Bogart. Kreature was such nice company when dad wasn't around, he would even except the mug of hot chocolate I offered him, he always did like me though, we just took a liking to each other and once dad left, we formed a proper friendship together. we still like to meet up for hot chocolate and a gossip but we just hadn't had the opportunity for a while what with me avoiding and him being banned from, the kitchen. it was all going so well, until someone walked in on us...

 we were sitting opposite each other, leaning over the table, laughing in between sips of hot chocolate when someone cleared their throat from behind us, we jump apart, me spilling half my cup of drink over the table, I sigh without looking at the door,
"don't mind it Kreat, I've got it, you know how clumsy I am! " I laugh.
"of course miss Erica!"
"Kreat, what have I told you, I'm far from a lady! just call me Erica!"
"yes, m-Erica"
"thank you, it only took you nineteen years!" I smile at him as I wipe up the mess I created.

I sit back down, forgetting all about the mystery door knocker for a moment until they offend again only seconds later, I look up to see Remus standing there watching us, amused.
"Remus!!!" I squeal
"Erica!!!" he mocks me
"oh my merlin, are you okay? where did you go? what happened? have you come to see dad? did you just see that?..." I trail off at the end.
"yes, you know I cant tell you that. on business. not much. no. yep" he ends by popping the p
"well, that's a little embarrassing..."
"yer, it probably is."
"sooooo..."
"I just wanted to make sure you were okay..."
"yer, I'm fine but when you speak to dad, do you think could ask him to speak to me?"
"yes, sure Hun."
"thank you..."
"bye,"
"bye."

Remus leaves and I continue my conversation with Kreature.