7

Charlie storms away, great! he's only been back ten minutes and I've already made him angry. suddenly, what he just said hits me hard. he's going to find Remus and tell him everything! no, I've got to stop him before he ruins everything! I run after Charlie as he descends the stairs and I follow him into  the drawing room where Remus is, I grab Charlie's arm and try to pull him back out but he stands firm and tells me to leave through his teeth, I run out the room dreading what's to come...

Remus's P O V

Charlie Weasley storms into the drawing room, I didn't know he was visiting. Erica follows behind him trying desperately to pull him back out, he looks livid. he tells her to leave and she runs for it looking worried, Charlie turns to me with anger in his eyes.

"LUPIN!" he bellows at me,
"hello Charlie, to what do I owe this pleasure?" I ask, trying to keep the conversation calm
"I. I told you. I told you Remus. I told you to watch over her whilst I was gone!" I seaths
"Erica? yes you did, and I did as you asked!" I still try to remain calm
"well not very well! she looks ill and I just walked in on her trying to throw herself out of the attic window!!!!!!" he whispers angrily
"WHAT!?!?!?!?!" I yell
"EXACTLY!!!!" he yells back
"why?" I whisper sadly
"she, she said she couldn't breath, that she was cast out of her bed and her home, and, and that she wasn't good enough but I'm not quite sure what that meant..." he struggles to say as tears roll down his face. I'm speechless, I don't know what to say to him but I know we both need to sit down with Erica and discuss all of this. why would she try to throw herself out a window!?

Erica's P O V

I'm called back into the drawing room by a sad looking Remus and Charlie after a lot of yelling, they stare at me for a minute before telling me to sit down, I obey, still a little worried about getting yelled at.

"did you really try to do that?" Remus asks, sounding slightly unsure of himself
"um, yes?"
"why, oh, and tell me the truth of I WILL give you veritesirum."
"okay okay!"
"well?"
"oh right! do you want the basic facts and the story?"
"yes, I want to know what I've missed and I'm sure Remus does as well!"
"yer"
"okay, well everyone started moving in a few weeks ago, about three, I think? anyway, there were suddenly so many people and there was no room for me, I think dad must have forgotten it mas mine or something because I know he means well but he gave my room to Hermione and Ginny and of course there's only one bed so I've been sleeping in the old armchair in my room. someone also took my chair in the kitchen so I've been missing lunch and diner, I eat toast on the steps sometimes but I need to avoi- I mean stay out of the way of dad because he's  busy with harry all the ti- I mean a lot. so yer, I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it Charlie but I started again!" I say with tears running down my face with the last sentence, Charlie is the only person who knows about my, habit. he never told anyone, not dad and not Remus and for that I am very very thankful.  "Have you told Sirius " Charlie breaks the silence after I show both men my arms. I refuse to meet his eyes, "no but please dont tell him, i dont want him to feel inclined to...to..." "to what Erica?" I sigh "to care" they look at me pittyingly but nod.