Chapter 1 We're Moving?!?

"Chloe!" My mom yells. I groan and pull my pillow over my head. It's June fourth. Summer has begun and I plan on surfing some waves going to the skatepark and getting starbucks with Liz, Harper, and, Maggie. "Chloe!" She yells again. I get up and look around my room. It's pretty clean except for a pair of shorts thrown on the floor next to my tank top. I get a cute shirt and my shorts with lace on one side and my blue  vans. I  search for my skateboard and find it under my bed. I change out my wheels and go downstairs. I live in Los Angeles, my house is amazing cause it has a pool out back with a  water slide made and zip line that  drops you into the pool. 

"Hey mom." i say leaning my board against the table. I grab a donut(I'm not health freak ) 

"I have something to tell you..." she says. 

"Yeah?" I say. 

"Well were moving." she says. I look at her confused. 

"Why we have the perfect life in Cali I mean  driving distance from shops and Starbucks and we have a pool in our back yard! I yell. "Yeah but it will be a new adventure honey and my job has a position for me to peruse their too." She says. "Ok where are we moving to?" i ask. 

"Sydney, Australia." She says. 

"WHAT?!" I yell. I feel like my kitchen is closing in on me. My mouth has a terrible taste in it. Did I hear her right? Across the world to Australia? No this is not real." 

"We leave next week and theirs no go backs to tell the girls." My mom  says. I can't talk. My stomach hurts really bad. "Mom why?" I sqeak swallowing. 

"Honey it's a  an adventure I mean aren't you sick of Cali?"

"No I'm not. I love it here and my friends and just.." I shake my head. I go upstairs to my room and slam the door shut. i slide  down the door and sob. I can't leave this is my home! Since my dad died I've lived here I grew up in this house. I feel sick. I get up and go to my bathroom and throw up. I can hardly breath is this real? 

"Chloe are you ok?" I hear my mom behind my closed door as I reatch. No I'm not ok I'm moving to the land of Kanaroos, Koalas and Finding Nemo, P Shermen Wallaby way Sydney.  I finally stop and wipe my mouth feeling weak and really shaky. My mom opens the door as I come out the bathroom. 

"Are you ok?" She asks. "No why is this happening we made our lives in this house and now your throwing it away? What would dad think?" I say. My dad died in a in combat  when I was twelve I'm now almost sixteen (in exactly a month) "I know I'm sorry it's just.. how often are you asked to go to Australia? Really Chloe." she says wraping her arms around me. I groan. "Before we go you can have a going away party and invite some friends ok?" She says. i nod and wipe the small tears that are on my cheeks. "Well thanks for ruining my day  I'm going to meet the girls at Starbucks  be back soon." I say. She lets go of me as I go back in the bathroom and change my shirt use some mouth wash and leave.