Chapter 18 Surfs Up

Today is the last day to get in a good surf so Luke and I are going out. I can't wait to hit the waves. We've been dating since his gig in September and it's now early October. We get out the car and get his surfboard. I look out at the water.  "Come on." He says. I run after him my feet sinking into the sand. I run toward the water and feel it lapping at my toes. 

"Whoa."  I yell as the board jerks up. I keep my balance as the water spashes against my face. Luke smiles at me from the shore. I'm so happy right now.  I lay down on the board as the water washes over my head. I see the fish swim by and am in a trance in this magical world.  I re surface and clutch the board and get back to shore. "Your turn." I say handing my boyfriend his board.  I  sit on the soft sand watching Luke surf.  I hold my knees to my chest and look down  out at the water. The salty hair blows against my skin and  ruffles my hair. Some other teens are out here and  have a bon fire going and are roasting marshmellows. Luke comes back to the shore and wraps me in his arms and kisses my temple softly. 

"I love you Chloe." He says. 

"I love you too Luke." I say.  We watch the sun go down before he drives me home. 

"I had fun see you tomorrow?" I ask. 

"Yes tomorrow." Luke says. 

"Bye." I say giving him a soft kiss. 

"Bye." He says. I go up to my room and shower and climb between the warm sheets. I love how Luke and I are together and how everything feels perfect. I then get a text. 

"Hey Chloe it's Darcy want to hang out tomorrow? 

Me Sure! 

Darcy Great see you then! 

I go to sleep with a smile on my face.