Chapter 3 G'day Mate!

I get off the plane and we collect our bags and go to our new house. All the houses on our block have super green lawns and everyone is out in front of their houses talking. I feel like an outsider. I walk into my new house that is smaller than my old one. It has a pool but thats even small too and nothing to fancy just a pool. no slide, zip line  Just water. I go up to my soon to be room that has a bathroom like my old house. My bed is in here along with lots of boxes. I go outside and see my mom talking to one of the neighbors. A shy three year old hides behind the woman's leg. 

"This is my daughter Chloe." My mom says introducing me to a young woman with brown hair and warm brown eyes. "I'm Rachel and this is Annabelle say hi." she says to the toddler who looks at me with wide gold brown eyes. "She's shy but welcome to the neighborhood, you will love it here,  this area has lots of kids and teens so you'll make friends fast. She says. Her accent is thick. I smile. 

"Thanks for welcoming us." My mom says smiling. We go back into the house and unpack and finish well past midnight. I miss my home already and really want to leave. I try to sleep in my new room but it's impossible to do so.