5 *please dont hate me

*trigger warning,, self harm*

💚Emerald💚

That was Brooklyn?
Well who else would it be you idiot?!
You messed up her stuff, she probably thinks you're a klutz.. Well, of course she does. Great first impression. On your new sister.

I sat on the bare bed in the bare room and heard unmissable shouting coming from the kitchen.
"Why did you adopt the shy, klutzy f***ing emo?" I heard Brooklyn say, making salty tears form in my eyes.

"Hey! You know I don't like that that language from you, Brook, I don't know what's brought up this horrible attitude but I definitely don't like it. She is your sister if you like it or not!" Dan shouted. The tears poured down my face as I walked over to my suitcase and took out my blade, I then walked over to the bathroom, still listening to the shouts about me.

"Get off my back Dan! You know it's true! What did she do on the way? Spill Starbucks coffee down your shirt?!" She shouted.
"You just god damn met her Brooklyn." Phil shouted.

"Well her first impressions are sh*tty!"
"Brooklyn Lester! I freaking told you not to swear and your gonna listen to me because I am your f*cking father!" Dan shouted.

"You just swore you b*stard!" Brooklyn shouted.
"Stop it! I'm 24 of course I can swear! Your 14 for gods sake! And don't you dare call me a b*stard!"

The blade cut in deeper as I heard the arguments, was this my life? I knew I'd just mess everything up... They should've taken Courtney, she would've gone on amazingly with Brook and would be perfect for them.

"Stop it!" I heard Phil interrupt them.
"Aren't you two forgetting that the poor girl that your talking about is hearing this clearly in her room?! Can't you understand that she's probably feeling so upset because of this."

"I'm going to May's house." Brook then said, leaving the apartment and slamming the door behind her.
"Don't you dare slam that door on me!" Dan screamed.

I was so into cutting my arm at that moment that I never noticed Phil walking down the hallway and then into my room.

"Emerald?" I heard him say before I realised that he had just walked in on me in a bathroom with the door wide open with a sharp blade in my hand and blood running down my arm.
I heard him and quickly threw on my jacket over my arms and threw the blade into the drawer.

"H-hi." I stuttered, sitting on the edge of the bath as he stood in the doorway.
"Why are you in the bathroom?" He asked, walking over and sitting next to me. I had to think up an excuse...

"Uh.. I was just looking around in my bathroom." I quickly said.
"Oh." He said, "did you hear all that?" He asked, I looked at him.
"It would be pretty hard not to." I said, looking down. "Why'd you adopt the shy, klutzy f*cking emo?!" I said, mimicking Brooklyn's words about me, as tears started running down my cheeks again.

"Oh sweetie she didn't mean it." He said, giving me a tight hug which burned my new cuts. I was so freaking afraid of the blood showing through the jacket. "She's just... Having a hard time right now, with her exams and all that, and she just suddenly got told that we were gonna adopt again..." Phil continued, still hugging my tightly, I tried to ignore the pain but it was hard. Eventually, he let me go and looked at me. I just wished that he would leave quickly.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Phil asked, looking into my eyes, as if he could see straight into my eyes.

"Y-yeah! I'm fine." I lied, I could see my jacket sleeves in the corner of my eyes and the blood had started to show.
Damn it... I thought.

Until Phil looked down at my sleeves and gasped. He looked up at me and immediately pulled my jacket off, leaving him to see my bloody cut arms. He put his hand over his mouth and looked at me with this face that made me want to burst into tears, he eventually started to cry and it broke my heart that it was my fault. I then started crying with him, he brought me into a hug as I cried into his shirt, he then got me in his lap and held me as I cried.

"Dan!" Phil shouted, his voice cracking.
"What's wro-" Dan said, coming in until he saw us he ran over and took one look at me, curled up on Phil's lap with cut, bloody arms.
"Oh my god...." His whispered as he made me sit up and look at him.
"I-I-I'm s-so s-sorry...." I whispered.

"How could you do this to yourself..?" He whispered, tears pouring down his cheeks. I couldn't stand any of this.

"P-please don't h-hate me..." I stuttered, looking down, Dan looked down at me.
"I would never hate you..." He said, "no matter what you do, I care so much, Em..." He held me, I breathed faster but held on to both of them...

I felt somehow felt so much better with Dan and Phil. They make everything better.

~

ι киσω тнє cнαρтєя ιѕ кιи∂α ѕмαℓℓ
вυт ι ωαитє∂ тσ υρ∂αтє тσ∂αу
нσρє уσυ ℓιкє ιт αи∂ ι'ℓℓ мαкє ѕυяє тσ υρ∂αтє αgαιи ѕσσи ωιтн нσρєfυℓℓу, α ℓσиgєя cнαρтєя