23*don't worry

🖤Emerald 🖤

'Sometimes we will die
and sometimes, we will
fly away.'
-
'And if I'm not there,
And I'm far away.
I say;
Don't be afraid.'
-
'We're going home.'

The ceiling seemed to be different today. It was quiet for me. It was loud for everyone else. As the quiet tune of the first released twenty one pilots album played in the background, it was soothing.

I breathed out, it had been a long week. Today was another check up at the hospital, we had to go at 9. It was 8:40 now, I sat up and got changed.

"Sweetie? Are you ready? We need to go soon." I heard Dan say as I left my room and into the living room where they were sitting, they stood up and looked at me and smiled.

"C'mon then, let's get this over with." Phil said as we left, making our way to the hospital, Phil encouraged us that we should walk because it's not so far.

Even though I was tired, Phil was right, it wasn't really that far at all. Brook came with us, because she's lately been really nice to me and supportive about everything.

-

"Right, let's just take her I here, because she needs her checkup." The doctor smiled as she took me into a room and sat me down.

"So how's things been? Not just with the condition, with life?" She asked.
"Not too good." I honestly said.
"Really? How come?"
"I've just been getting pretty badly bullied lately." I said, I usually didn't like talking about my problems, but it felt easy with her for some reason.

"That's not good." She said, "I'm really sorry about that. Have you told your dads?"
"Yeah, they know."
"You don't deserve that, sweetheart." She said, "right, I'm just going to check up on you." She smiled, I have a small smile back and lay back on the bed, because I knew exactly what to do.

I closed my eyes and let it happen. A few minutes later, she told me to open my eyes again, she looked a little shocked and I was worried that something was wrong.

"Is... Is there anything wrong?" I asked, she looked down.
"I'm really sorry Emerald, but you... You have lung cancer." She said.
"O-oh." I replied. That would explain a lot.

"A-are you g-going to tell them?" I asked.
"I think it might be better if you do, darling." She said, giving me a hug.
"I'm so sorry Emerald." She said.
"It's...it's not your fault." I reassured her. I wanted to cry, but I felt like I couldn't, I wanted tears to pour down my cheeks, but they weren't falling, it wasn't happening.

I walked out of the room and she did to, they all looked up and smiled. I breathed out carefully, looking at the doctor. She smiled reassuringly. I looked at them.
"What's up Em?" Dan asked, sounding slightly worried.

"I-I'm sorry..." I mumbled, "I have... I have cancer." I said, not knowing how three words could be so hard to say, but it was. It was terribly hard. It was probably the hardest three words to say, that I have ever said in my life. They all looked like they didn't believe it. They didn't want to believe it. Which was what I wanted to do. I didn't want to believe it at all. There was a few seconds of silence, but those seconds felt like years in my mind.

"E-emerald... I-I... A-are you...?" Dan tried to say but failed at doing so.
"I'm s-so sorry..." I said again.
"E-emerald please don't be sorry." Phil said, tears started to fall down his face as did Dan and Brook.
"I'm the one who should be sorry." The doctor said, "telling people the truth is the worst part of my job."

' I'm dying and I'm trying
but believe me,
I'm fine.
But I'm lying,
I'm so very
far from 'fine'. '

-

Dan

I honestly didn't want to believe it.
I wanted her to say it was a joke, but I knew that she would never do that, at all. But yet I still wanted that to happen, but I knew it wouldn't. She was telling the honest truth.

When we got back home after being told when my chemotherapy was going to start which was next week, we went home in silence.

"D-don't worry... Please, we'll get through this." I said, as they smiled and hugged me. But I wasn't so sure.

That chapter was pretty crap, sorry I'm pretty bad at chapters like this. Also sorry it's a pretty small chapter.