17*promise

💚Emerald💚

"Is everything okay?" I asked, starting at them in the doorway, both Dan and Phil's eyes were tear stained, they stared at me. "I heard shouting and crying." I said, walking over to them, they looked at each other and whispered something.

"Em... Uh... I..." Dan strutters.
"Just tell me what's wrong." I said quite sternly, surprising them a little.
"N-n-nothing is w-w-wrong." Phil stuttered, his leg shaking in fear.

"Just Fucking tell me what's wrong!" I shouted, losing my temper completely. It killed me that they were upset and wouldn't even tell me.

"Emerald! I will n-not tolerate that language in this house." Dan said, his voice cracking slightly, but not sounding as mad as I thought he would've been at all. He then sighed, stepping over to me and taking hold of my wrist and lightly pulling on it, signalling for me to follow him to the living room.

"E-Em...." He stuttered, trying hard to get the words out. "Phil just got a p-phone call... From t-the child p-protection a-agency... Your father wants y-you back..." Dan started, I stared at them. This has to be a joke.

"N-no.... W-w-why would h-he w-want m-me back..?" I mumbled, my heart beating out of my chest.
"I-I don't know Emerald. But we're being taken to c-court..." Phil started, stuttering.

"T-this c-cant be r-real..." I whispered, looking at them. I quickly stood up and ran out of the room. Into my bedroom, I heard them shouting after me. I had locked myself in the bathroom, leaning against the door, I heard Dan and Phil running into my room and noticing I was hidden in my bathroom.  I went over to my sink and grabbed the blade. I stared at it and tears poured down my cheeks, falling backwards on the floor, it digging into my hand as I cried.

"You promised!" I shouted to myself, staring at it, "you freaking PROMISED, EMERALD!" Tears poured down my cheeks as I threw it across the room and lent on the bathtub.

"Emerald?" I heard a soft voice say from outside. Phil.
"Em, let us in please." Dan.

"I just want to be alone..." I said.
"We don't trust you alone in a bathroom. Put the blade or any other sharp object down." Dan said.

"I don't have it!" I shouted, angrily.

"I don't believe her..." Phil whispered to Dan, but I could hear.
"There's a spare key in the bottom draw in the kitchen." Dan said to Phil. "Go get that, I'll stay here with her."

"We just want you to be safe, Emerald... Please, come out..." Said Dan, shaking the doorknob, I could hear his voice getting shaky.

"Emerald?" He asked once I didn't reply, sounding worried that I was dead, or something.

"I'm still here." I replied quietly.

"I've got the key." Phil said when he walked in.

"Okay." Dan said so, not thinking, I grabbed the knob, stopping Dan and Phil from opening the door.

When Dan tried to open the door, I held it tight.

"It won't work." Dan said.

"I know..." Phil said, I heard him coming closer towards the door.

"Emerald. This isn't funny. Let go of the door. We need to talk." Phil said, getting irritated.

I shakily let go of the doorknob and stood there. I don't know why I was scared of my parents opening the door. I hadn't done anything even though they thought I had.

It was just an instant reaction.

They opened it up and Dan gave me a hug but Phil pushed him away and ripped of my jacket. Surprised to see nothing new, he looked at me and gave me a smile.

"I'm sorry, sweetie..." He mumbled, hugging me tight.

"Do you think he's going to get me?" I mumbled into Phil's shirt.
"We'll make sure he doesn't. We promise." Dan said, joining in the hug.

~

U⃣g⃣h⃣.

I don't know why I put that when I first wrote it
Aaaannnyway since this is a really short chapter (sorry for that btw) I might update quicker or I'll  be mean and do it on my normal schedule and post the next one on Friday I don't knooow.

Also thank you so much for all the love and support that this book is getting and I remember literally screaming when it got to 1k reads! Thank you so much for all the votes, comments and reads! It really helps me and puts me in an amazing mood to right this book because I do love writing it!
(and the next part is definitely more exiting!)
Thank you!
- Frankie ^•^