Peter Tyler

"Right, there we go. Sorry about the mess. If you want a cup of tea, the kitchens just down there, milk's in the fridge. Well, it would be, wouldn't it. Where else would you put the milk? Mind you, there's always the window sill outside. I always thought if someone invented a window sill with special compartments, you know, one for milk, one for yogurt, make a lot of money out of that. Sell it to students and things. I should write that down. Anyway, never mind that, excuse me for a minute. Got to go and change." Pete walked off to the bedroom.

"All the stuff mum kept. His stuff. She kept it all packed away in boxes in the cupboard. She used to show me when she'd had a bit to drink. Here it is, on display. Where it should be. Third prize at the bowling. First two got to go to Didcot. Health drinks. Tonics, mum used to call them. He made his money selling this Vitex stuff. He had all sorts of jobs. He was so clever. Solar power. Mum said he was going to do this. Now he can. Okay, now what is that face? I don't need an Empath to tell me what you're feeling."

"When we met, I said travel with us in space. You said no. Then I said time machine." The Doctor told her.

"It wasn't some big plan. I just saw it happening and I thought, I can stop it." Rose replied.

"I did it again."

"Doctor-" I tried to calm him down, but he was just too angry.

"No.  I picked another stupid ape. I should've known. It's not about showing you the universe. It never is. It's about the universe doing something for you." 

"So it's okay when you go to other times, and you save people's lives, but not when it's me saving my dad."

"Rose, you know it's not about that." I tried, but of course, I was ignored. This was between the two of them. I sat down on the sofa and let them go at it.

"I know what I'm doing, you don't. Two sets of us being there made that a vulnerable point." The Doctor told her.

"But he's alive!" Rose exclaimed.

"My entire planet died. My whole family. Jordyn's too Her whole family. Do you think it never occurred to us to go back and save them?"

"But it's not like I've changed history. Not much. I mean he's never going to be a world leader. He's not going to start World War Three or anything." 

"Rose, there's a man alive in the world who wasn't alive before. An ordinary man. That's the most important thing in creation. The whole world's different because he's alive." I tried to explain.

"Would you rather him dead?" She sobbed.

"That's not the point we're getting at here." I told her.

"She's right. I'm not saying that."

"No, I get it! For once, the two of you are not the most important people in my life."

"Let's see how you get on without me, then. Give me the key. The Tardis key. If I'm so insignificant, give it me back." 

"Doctor, don't-"

"All right then I will." 

"Rose!"

Rose pulled the Tardis key out of her pocket, and handed it over to the Doctor.

"THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING DOCTOR."

"You've got what you wanted, so that's goodbye, then."

"You don't scare me. I know how sad you are. You'll be back in a minute, or you'll hang around outside the Tardis waiting for me. And I'll make you wait a long time!" 

The Doctor grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the flat.

"WHY DO THE TWO OF YOU ONLY IGNORE ME WHEN IT'S SOMETHING BIG LIKE THIS?!" I demanded as the Doctor slammed the door behind us.

"Come on." He muttered. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the steps.

"I hate you sometimes."

"No, you don't." He smirked.

"No, I don't, but Doctor we can't just leave her here."

"I'll take her home tomorrow."

"You're going to make her stay a whole day here?!" 

"She made her choice, now she has to learn the consequences."

"Blimey, remind me not to double cross you."

He smiled, but didn't say anything.

"So, where do you want to go while Rose is here?" He asked.

"I want to see World War 2. I know that sounds weird, but it was my favourite subject in history. I was always interested in the beginning of it."

"You sound like me." He laughed.

"Ugh, you're right, I do. I need to stop hanging around you so much." I jabbed him in the arm and he laughed again.

"Where else would you want to go?"

"You remember how we saw the death of the Earth? Well, I want to see where humans go afterwards. Because I don't believe the race, evolved or not, just sat around waiting to die."

"You're fantastic." He grinned at me.

"Why, thank you." I did an imaginary curtsy. "I do try so very hard."

He laughed and we arrived at the Tardis. He pulled out his key and unlocked the door, only to open it to: a police box. Not the Tardis. It wasn't bigger on the inside, in fact the whole Tardis was gone. It was as big as a regular police box. He looked at me with wide eyes and I was pretty sure I shared the same expression.

"ROSE!" I cried. The Doctor grabbed my hand, and we ran back to Pete's flat as quickly as possible.

"'Let her enjoy being with her father'." The Doctor mimicked.

"Oi! I'm not the one who got into an argument with her AND WANTED TO LEAVE HER STRANDED FOR A DAY!"

"You seemed perfectly fine with it when we were deciding where we  would go next." 

"I hate you." He laughed. 

"No, you don't."

We arrived at Pete's flat, just in time to see his car was missing.

"Where could they have gone?"

"The wedding!"

"What?"

"Pete was heading to a wedding when he was killed. Maybe, he took Rose there?"

"Oh, you're brilliant you are!" He exclaimed. Then he pulled my lips up to his, kissed me sweetly, and took off running for the church.

I stood there in the middle of the street, frozen in shock.

"I'M SORRY, BUT WHAT?!"