We're Ok

*Not edited*

*dramatic warning lol*

*i love you very much warning*

*okay sorry read on* 

I sat down in front of the boys, minus Roman who recently stormed out. They all had their heads down, not even looking into my eyes. 

"Which one of you will start?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Emmet looked up and opened his mouth, but no words came out. "I deserve to know." I added. Each of them sighed simultaneously, and I braced myself for what they were going to say. 

"I stole the Berkley's Diamonds." Emmet confessed. My mouth dropped to the floor. You see, the Berkley Diamonds are one of the most expensive diamonds in the world. They travel the world for auctions and showcases. 

"And you got caught?" I asked. 

"Not exactly. I'm good at stealing Esther, I don't anymore but I had too... for my mom." Emmet sighed again. "She had cancer, and we couldn't pay the bills. So I stole the diamonds, I got away with it, but my mom wouldn't allow me to pay for the cancer. She always said never to cheat death." I was speechless, I never thought Emmet would have it that rough. "I confessed, went to Juvie, and met these bastards." He punched Frank and Kyle playfully. 

"How's your mom?" I asked carefully. 

"I know she's happier wherever she is." My heart ached for Emmet, but he seemed happy for his mother, finally free from that pain. 

"Assault." Frank cringed at the memory. "I caught my dad cheating, and beat the crap out of him. The bitch called the damn police." I took his hand, and squeezed it. "Well, got arrested and its all uphill from there." He smiled, knowing that he had three loyal best friends. 

"Drug possession, it may not look like it now Killer, but I was a stoner. Drug dealer, and everything in between. Someone snitched, got locked up." Kyle ran a hand through his hair. 

"You guys are so fucked up... but that's why I love you." I smiled, this time I all gave them a hug, and they returned it back. "Tell me about Roman." I demanded, sitting back down. They all continued to look down, not giving eye contact again. "Do you really think he will tell me on his own?" I asked, but already knowing the answer. 

"Listen Killer, we want to tell you... we really do, but its not our place. He needs to tell you himself." Frank responded. 

"He's probably at the pier... he goes there a lot." Emmet added. My heart stopped beating when he said the pier.  

"The pier?" I repeated, hoping I heard wrong. They nodded and my skin crawled. It was the same pier that I had nightmares about, the same one my parents drowned themselves in.

That pier. 

++

The wind whipped around my face, and I had to move my hair out of the way. The sun was just setting and I could make out a silhouette standing at the end of the pier. Instantly my heart started beating, and my hands started shaking. 

He wouldn't jump right? 

Please don't. 

Flashes of what could happen replayed in my head and I felt sick. I had to get to Roman. I shook my head and began to walk toward him, keeping my fears hidden. 

I walked until I was right next to him, and my breath hitched in my throat. The horizon was laced in orange, red, and hints of yellow. I was surprised that I didn't see this sight before. Then it all hit me at once, I knew why my parents took their lives here. It was beautiful. My mother always said, "Death shouldn't be scary. It should be a sight to see." I never knew what that meant until now. 

"I was on a boat when I saw your parents." Roman whispered. My head snapped to him, but his eyes were focused on the horizon. "It was a stupid dinner party my mom held, and I was just looking at the sea. We haven't set sail yet, but that is when I saw your parents. I thought they were just looking at the sunset, but when your dad tied weights to his ankle's I knew something was wrong." I didn't want to cry, but standing in the same spot your parents killed themselves is a bit much on you. 

"When I saw your dad go under I didn't know what to do, but when your mom started crying and tying weights to her ankles too, I jumped off the boat." I grabbed Roman's hand and laced my fingers through his. He held on to my hand tightly, as he continued. "She jumped in, and I got there just in time to try to pull her up. But the weights were too heavy Esther...the weights.... the police got there, they thought I drowned them." I put my hands to my mouth and I didn't understand how to breathe. 

"My parents payed the news reporters off to let them never hear about this story, and that I just go to Juvie as my punishment... now you know." He finished and I didn't know that I could have cried harder. 

"I am so sorry Roman." I squeaked out, his eyes snapped to mine and shook his head. 

"What the fuck are you apologizing for Esther? I could have saved your mom-" 

"I could never give those years back to you for what you did. You were completely innocent, oh my god," I started to hiccup from all the tears,"I am so sorry, please, please forgive me." I stepped away from him feeling a whole wave of guilt crash into my heart. 

"Esther, I should be asking you for forgiveness." His eyes were glazed over, and I never thought I would see him cry. 

"All of this, Dev, hating you, my parents, I blamed it all on you when none of it was your fault. Nothing, I- Fuck Roman, all these years I thought I was the victim, but I really was the culprit. YOu have no idea how guilty I feel I-" 

"Shut up." His voice was deathly low, and I was about to apologize again but I felt Roman grab my neck and push his lips onto mine. The softness and taste of tears mixed in with peppermint and pine. Electricity flowed between us, and I never thought I would love kissing him so much. 

He pulled back, but kept his forehead on mine, breathing heavy. "What was that for?" I asked, finding my voice. 

"I had to shut you up someway." Roman smiled, and I smiled back unsure how all of this could have happened but happy that it did. 

He laced his fingers into mine, and I leaned into him. Yes, the guilt was still there from all those years hurting Roman but now, all I could think about is how much he saved me this past year. 

We walked away from the pier, and I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I didn't know if it was Roman or just my imagination, but I let go of my parents that day. I will never know why they killed themselves, or why they wanted Sean and I to fend for ourselves, but I know that it's ok.

That we're ok, and that I'm ok. 

--

DO NOT FRET, THIS IS NOT THE END JUST ONE OF THOSE CHAPTERS THAT TIES EVERYTHING (BUT NOT ALL) THE LOOSE ENDS TOGETHER!

SORRY THAT THE UPDATE WAS LONG, AND THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT! I HAVE BEEN OOBER BUSY WRITING MY OTHER BOOK NOW THAT THIS ONE IS COMING TO AN END. 

AS YOU KNOW THIS WILL BE ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS 2013 AND IT WOULD MAKE MY WHOLE YEAR IF YOU GUYS WILL HELP MAKE THIS THE BEST BOOK! I KNOW IT ISN'T THAT GOOD, BUT JUST BEING NOMINATED INTO A CATEGORY WOULD JUST BE AN HONOR! 

I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN YOU KNOW, AND THIS BOOK ISN'T OVER JUST YET! SO KEEP YOUR MINDS OPEN, AND YOUR INTERNET IN TACT! :) 

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE! TELL YOUR FRIENDS! TELL YOUR MOM! TELL YOUR DENTIST! what... ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 1,000+ READS JUST SEEING THAT NUMBER MAKES ME CRY OF HAPPINESS. 

WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 2,000 LETS DO IT BABY <3 

-Leena