He dies

I looked at Myles's beat up face and sadly smiled. The steady beeping of the heart monitor filled the room.

I studied every inch of Myles's face. I scooted closer and touched his hand. I ran my thumb over his hand and sighed.

"Hang in there. You have to please."I whispered.

I sat still the room in silence all except the machine. And then just like that it stopped. The dull ringing of the flat line on the machine echoed threw the room.

I looked at Myles and tears filled my eyes.

"No. No."I said shaking my head.

"You can't be dead Myles. No!"I yelled.

"No."I whispered. The ring of the machine pounded in my head I closed my eyes.

"Kalin!!"I shouted out loud. As if on cue Kalin burst threw the door.

"What happened?"he asked frantic.

He stopped when he saw me hugging Myles's body. He looked at the machine and shook his head.

"No no this can't be happening. Nurse!!"he shouted and ran out the door. He came back with a nurse behind him. The nurse came to Myles and sighed. She looked at her watch.

"Time of death 11:52pm."she replied and turned off the machine. She left the room and I cried into Myles's shoulder.

"No ,no ,no.!"I said over and over again. I cried and cried until Kalin came and pulled me off of him. I hugged Kalin and sobbed.

"He can't be dead Kalin he can't. He still had his whole life ahead of him."I said threw tears. Kalin took a shaky breath. And stroked my hair.

"I know, I know."he replied. I could hear the rapid beat of his heart which meant he was crying too.

I looked up at him his once happy green eyes now blood shot and sad.

"I'm sorry I'm saying this when you lost him too. You didn't just loose a friend you lost a brother. I am sorry."I replied hugging. It was his turn to hug me and cry on my shoulder.

"It was to early he wasn't ready to go yet. He wasn't ready."he said threw sobs. I stroked his head.

He cried violently his whole body shook the only thing that was keeping him up was me.

"I hate this. I hate life it's so unfair."he replied crying. I nodded.

"I know baby."I whispered.

"I know."I murmured. I continued to hold him until he spoke again.

"We have to umm tell Jake and cam and his family and stuff."Kalin replied pulling away. I nodded. I wiped my eyes and looked at Myles.

"Yeah we do."I said trying not to cry again because if I did I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop.

I woke up with a jolt. I was sweating my breathing was ragged and hard. I looked at Myles who was looking at me worriedly.

"You okay?"he asked. I could tell it hurt to talk.

"Yeah I just had the worst dream."I replied sitting up.

"What was it?"he asked getting cute worry lines on his forehead.

"I dreamt that I lost you."I replied scooting closer to him. He smiled and took my hand.

"You'll never loose me. I'll be here to annoy you for a long time."he said smiling I shook my head and smiled.

"Trust me."he added. I laughed.

"I'm supposed to be making you feel better."I replied. He smiled.

"You are by being with me right now. There's no one I would rather be with than you right now."he said looking at me. I laughed.

"At least I'm helping."I replied looking at my hands. I felt two warm fingers under my chin gently lift my head up. I came face to face with a pair of tired but soft brown eyes.

He smiled and kissed me softly on my lips.

"I love you so much you know that right?"he asked looking at me intensively. I nodded.

"Good. And don't ever think you don't help me in this situation or any other. Got that."he said sternly.

I nodded.

"Good."he replied kissing me once more.

"Now come lay down next to me I want to hold you I feel all alone on this bed."he said patting the empty space next to him. I gladly got up and snuggled close to him.

I was careful not to hurt him. I laid my head on his chest and breathed in.

"I love you too."I replied after awhile . He chuckled.

"I know."he replied arrogantly. I laughed and just hugged him. Soon I drifted into sleep. And I didn't have anymore nightmares.