Chapter 9

Johanna sat on the couch in the Hampton house looking through a photo album. It was mostly filled with pictures of Rick and Alexis when she was little but towards the end she found pictures of Kate. One of which she hadn't seen before. It was Kate in HER wedding dress, she knew that she had worn the dress but had never seen a photo of it. She smiled turning the page, there was a photo of Kate and Rick dancing at their wedding then a photo of Kate with Carson. Every picture was perfect.

"Hey Kate where is?" Rick said walking into the living room, Johanna looked up. "Oh sorry I thought Kate was in here" Rick said Carson rested on his hip.

"No, she needed to change." Johanna said still holding the album.

"I see you found our family album?" Rick asked, she laughed and nodded.

"I did, you have a lovely family" She smiled.

"The wedding photo is my favorite" Rick smiled sitting down next to Johanna.

"This one?" Johanna asked turning to the photo of them dancing.

"Yeah, she looked stunning. That whole night wasn't even planned, she called Jim and had him meet us here with Martha and Alexis and Kate ran out to the store to get something to wear and get herself some flowers then we drove up here and got married. We had this song that we loved and after we said our vows I played it on my phone for our first dance." Rick smiled.

"Has anyone ever told you you're romantic?"

"Once or twice." Rick smirked.

"You dedicate your books to her right?"

"I do" Rick nodded.

"What's your favorite?"

"Take him for a minute" Rick said handing Carson to her.

"Of course grandma will take him." Johanna smiled bouncing him on her knee.

Rick walked over to the bookcase and grabbed a book bring it over handing it to her. She opened it one arm still holding Carson. 'Because of you. Because of us. Always.' Johanna smiled kissing the top of Carson's head.

"When was this one?" She asked.

"Uhhh last year?"

"It was part of your speech for the Edger Allen Poe pen award." Kate said with a smile walking into the room.

"It's cute" Johanna smiled. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah" Kate said walking over taking Carson, "Bye buddy" She said giving him a kiss.

"Alright I get him for the rest of the day hand him over" Rick smirked as Kate handed him over.

"Bye babe, I'll see you later" Kate said giving Rick a quick kiss.

"Have fun" Rick smiled.

"You too" Johanna smiled as Jim came in behind her kissing her cheek. "Hello" She laughed.

"Get something that looks gorgeous, though that is anything." Jim whispered.

"I will" She said turning to face him giving him a kiss.