Secrets Untwisted Chapter 9

Caspian's P.O.V.

I pulled Danielle down the hallway and said, "I think we'll start at the front door and take it from there. Sound good?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"Okay. So here's the front door and when you open the front door you're in the living room. To the right of the living room through that door is the kitchen and dining room. Then to the left is a game room and a coat closet." I went on and on about where the doors in the living room lead to. Then after about twenty minutes we went to the second floor which is just a long balcony overlooking the living room. And on the left there are a bunch of doors leading to different rooms. I went along and showed Danny every room on the second floor. "This is a bathroom. Your bedroom. But if you like one of the other bedrooms better you can switch. My car collection is in this one."

"Car collection?"

"I collect model cars. I have about eight-hundred cars. Do you collect anything?"

"I collect snow globes. I think they look magical."

"Oh. I have a few snow globes myself. You can have them if you want."

"No. They're yours. You should keep them."

"I don't do anything with them. They just sit up in the attic collecting dust."

"Well if you insist-"

"I do. I mean I insist you have them."

"Okay. Well can I see your collection?"

"Yeah. But I gotta warn ya. There's a bunch."

"Okay. I think I can handle it."

"Alright," I said then opened the door. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes grew wider than I thought possible. "I thought you said you could handle it?" I said while smirking.

"W-w-well, I d-didn't expect this many."

'Oh my goodness! She is so cute when she stutters! Shut up! She'll never fall for you!' "I said I had about eight hundred."

"I didn't believe you! This. This is just not possible. I only have about two hundred snow globes!"

"Sorry. I thought you could handle it. Do you wanna look at some or go ahead to the next room?"

"I wanna look at some!" We walked around the room looking at the different cars. "So. What do you do with the cars?" she asked.

I pointed to a table with a mini race track. "See this? I drive them around the track. Well at least the ones with remote controls. The ones that don't move I sometimes let my little cousin play with them."

"I wanna try! Which cars have remotes? I want a yellow one!"

"Okay. All these have remotes," I said pointing to the largest wall. "I only have a few yellow ones, though."

"Cool!" She ran over to the wall and started looking through them. "This one!" She said holding up a yellow convertible sports car. "Where's the remote?!"

"Right behind where it was." I was trying to hold back my laugh. "We won't be able to finish the tour if we stay in here much longer."

"Okay, okay, okay! Just two laps."

"Alright." She set the car on the track then it started moving when she got the remote.

"So. How old is your little cousin?" She asked once we left the room.

"Three. I only let him play with the newer versions. Don't want him to mess the older ones up."

"Oh. What is this room?" She asked pointing to a room we were passing.

"Oh. Um...that's my room. You can see it if you want." I started walking towards my room. She followed me. "It's a little messy, though." I opened the door.

"It's not messy. Except the desk over there." She pointed to my desk. "So much blue."

"Yeah. Blue is my favorite color. I like swimming a lot, also." 'Crap! I didn't mean to say that. What if she asks to go swimming one day?'

"Oh. I don't like swimming that much. Especially since that storm. I don't think I'll ever get back in the ocean."

"Oh. I'm sure in time you'll get back in the ocean. So. Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did."

"You know that's not what I mean."

"Okay. Sure. Ask away!"

"Why don't you want to get married?"

"Well...um. I don't think someone should marry someone 'cause they have to. I think someone should marry someone because they're in love. My mom was forcing me to get married to the dukes son just because it would give her more money."

"Oh. Your reason is very good. Most people would get married just for money."

"I don't care how much money I have. Money can't buy happiness. It can only make you think you're happy. So. Anyways, I like your room. It has a sense of calmness over it. I don't know why."

"Oh. Thanks. So this is another bedroom." I opened the door. Her mouth dropped open.

"This is beautiful." The room had cream walls and wooden floor. There was a large queen sized bed on the right side of the room with a green and white comforter on it. On the left side of the room was a large oak desk with a white chair. Beside the desk is a glass sliding door leading out to a balcony.