Secrets Untwisted Chapter 3

The door opens and a young Chinese woman comes in. "Hello. I'm Lily. Mr. Waters said to inform you that your bath is ready."

"Thank you. Could you show me where the bathroom is?"

"Yes, ma'am. Follow me."

I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion. "Um...ok. Oh and do you have some clothes I could wear?" I didn't know why she called me ma'am. It was confusing.

She smiled. "Yes. I've already put some in the bathroom. Mr. Waters instructed me to." She opened a door. "Here's the bathroom. Towels are over there and the clothes I laid out are right there."

"Thank you," I said and she left. I stripped from the nightgown and went over to the bathtub. I felt the water. 'Perfect temperature,' I thought as I got in.

******

I was in my room dressed in a beautiful white dress with silver glitter lining the waste line. 'Why'd they give me such a nice dress? I wish I could talk to Caspian. Caspian?! I call him Mr. Waters. What's wrong with me?' A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in." 'Why are knocks always interrupting my thoughts.' Caspian walked in and sat on the edge of the bed I was sitting on. "Hello, Mr. Waters."

"Hey. I hope you like your room. It's the best I could do with the short time given." I actually hadn't noticed the room.

"It's very nice. Thank you." I pretended I had actually looked at the room.

"Again with the thank yous?" He laughed. I blushed. He smiled.

"Well, someone has to say thank you. And since you aren't I guess I have to." I joked back.

"Well, thank you for being so kind to do that for me." He did a little bowing thingy. "I'm making lunch if you want to come down in about an hour."

I perked up. "Could I help make dinner? I love cooking! Sometimes."

He looked shocked at first but then his face quickly changed to happiness. "Sure. What d'you wanna cook?"

I smiled. "Can we have homemade biscuits with potatoes and steak?"

"Sure. Which do you wanna cook?"

"Um... I'll do the biscuits and potatoes. Oh and could you make gravy, too?"

"Sure. You ready to go downstairs?"

"As long as you have an apron. And do you realize you just just answered three questions the same exact way. You said sure and then asked another question each time. You really don't know a lot of words, do you?" We got up and walked downstairs.

About five minutes later Caspian said, "Heyyy! I do know a lot of words! I just couldn't think of any at the moment!" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Just like you couldn't think of any five minutes ago?"

He let it go 'cause we had made it to the kitchen. 'He said this place was a cabin! This place is huge!' I thought.