Secrets Untwisted Chapter 2

I open my eyes to a bright light shining through the crevices of the curtains, barely getting through but enough to light the room. Light cream colored walls are surrounding me and I feel as if I am lost. I've never seen this place, never had a large bed and my own room. My mother got the big bedroom with the big bed while me and my brother and two sisters all shared a small room and slept on cots. I feel around the bed loving the soft feel of it. A soft knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts. "Come in," I say.

A dark haired man cracks the door open and peeks in. He has aqua blue eyes and long eyelashes. I recognize him as...Mr. Waters? "Awake? Good." He didn't even let me answer the first question before firing off another one. "Do you like bacon and grits? I cooked some for you."

"Yes. Thank you." I watched him go out and waited for a few minutes before he came back with a tray with a plate of bacon and grits and a cup of orange juice.

"I hope you like orange juice. I only drink it and water, and you'll need something other than that to wash your food down with. But if you don't like it I can run go get you some water."

"Orange juice is fine, thank you."

"You keep saying thank you. For what?" I could feel the blush creep up my cheeks and he smiled.

"I-I-I guess because you saved me."

"It was nothing. Really." I sat up in bed and then he handed me my food. I notice I'm in a nightgown and no longer in my dress I was wearing. "Enjoy your food."

"Where did this nightgown come from." I couldn't help but be nervous.

"Um, I had...Lily...put you in that. Your other clothes were damp and dirty."

"Oh. Who's Lily?" I was so nervous and I didn't know why.

He smiled. "Lily's my housekeeper."

"One more question. How did you get me out of the water?"

His smile dropped. "I saw you in the water and pulled you out."

"That's not what I meant. How did you see me; I was nowhere near land."

"Um, do you want some more bacon or anything?" I could tell he was trying to change the subject, so I decided to drop it.

"Could you run a warm bath for me? I'd really like that."

I caught him off guard and could see relief fill his eyes. "Yes. Sure. I'll come let you know when the water is done running." He walked away.

Before he opened the door to leave, I said, "And Mr. Waters?" He turned to look at me. "Thank you." He nodded his head in acknowledgement and walked away shutting the door behind him. I kept thinking to myself, 'Why does he have this effect on me? Why won't he tell me how he got me out the water? How'd he get me out the water? Maybe he's one of those more powerful witches, who can control the weather and also see if someone's in trouble or danger. I doubt it. He'd be able to tell I was a witch and would tell me.' I couldn't keep him out of my mind. 'I love his smile. Especially when he sees I'm embarrassed or blushing. And his eyes! Oh his eyes! They're like the perfect aqua color. And when I look him in the eyes I get so lost in the beautiful color like I'm swimming in the sea.' Someone knocks on the door and brings me out of my thought. "Come in."