Chapter 8: Nico- I meet an Egyptian version of Satan

{don't worry. This is the real chapter 8 😆}

I don't know how Setne transported us to his "lair". It almost felt like shadow travel but not quite.

We materialized somewhere dark and gloomy. If I wasn't just kidnapped, I would have liked it here. I immediately felt a sense of death. It felt like when I would go to my father's palace in the underworld.

"Where are we?" I asked the crazed Elvis.

"Like I would tell you that." He said. He was still holding me by my aviator jacket.

"Can you at least let me down?"

"I can, but I won't."

I rolled my eyes. "Why did you bring me here?"

He started walking forward. "My master ordered for you to be brought here."

"Who?"

"You will find out."

He walked along for ten minutes in silence. I could feel my feet falling asleep.

He eventually went into a "house" which was actually a red pyramid.

"What the–" I started.

"Shhhh." Setne chided. "You don't want to make him angry."

"Who?!"

"Me." A deep voice said. Torches suddenly burst to life in the pyramid. It was highly decorated as a mansion would be but I didn't pay attention to the house. A figure was in the middle of the hallway we just entered. Let me put his description like this: It was Satan with no horns or tail but had a skirt. His skin was blood red. He had a goatee on his chin and a evil grin on his face.

"Hello, my lord." Setne head bowed. "I have brought you the child of Hades."

"I see." The red man circled us while he was inspecting me like a was a science project.

I struggled under Sente's grip but he held fast. The red man chuckled. "You aren't going anywhere, Death Boy. You are now mine."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Set. Egyptian god of chaos and destruction." He bowed.

"Why am I here?"

He straightened. "As you know, I have taken Walter Stone who is hosting my son Anubis. By the way you two look a lot a like."

"So I have been told."

"Anyway, I also have Carter's girlfriend, Zia Rashid. Now I have you so they can't come find me. Now I plan to take the scrawny one named Leo and Annabeth."

"But why?"

He tittered again. "I am not dumb son of Hades. I will not tell you my whole evil scheme." He looked at Setne. "Take him below."

"Yes sir." Setne walked past the red god and down a flight of stairs. The stairs opened up to a large room with six cages. Two already had occupants. One just sat on the ground with his back to us. The other, obviously a female, held onto the bars of the cage and yelled at Setne.

"Setne!!! Get us out of here!! If you don't, I will personally shove your soul in to Amit's mouth!!"

"Calm down Zia." Setne said. "Let's not say things you might later regret."

"Ra will be soooo mad when he finds out his host is trapped in the cage by the likes of you!!"

"Don't make me close your yap like yesterday, Zia." He warned. She didn't reply. "Besides, you have another friend!" Setne threw me in an empty cage between the two. He quickly shut it and locked it before I was able to get up. Setne laughed as he exited the cage room and went back up the stairs.