Chapter 10: Zia- The Burning Cage of "Fun"

{Warning: this chapter will be pretty short}

I stared at the spot where that Nico kid was. He just melted into the shadows and disappeared. I haven't seen any magician do that before.

Then again, Nico did say he was a half-god...is that right? No. It's half-BLOOD. Duh Zia. 

I heard the big door open again and it snapped me out of my thoughts. Setne came back and looked at the empty cage Nico was in then said, "Huh, Set was right. He CAN get out of cages by teleporting." Then walked out.

Walt and I kept looking at the door where the evil magician was.

"Well," Walt said, "that was..."

"Strange?" I suggested.

"To say the least, yes."

"I thought he would be more upset..."

"Me too..." Walt's form flickered for a second into the god of funerals before back to Walt. "I doubt my d–" he cleared his throat, "Set will be as easygoing though."

I just nodded.

As if on cue, the door opened again and the red god walked into the room with his little 'sidekick' trailing behind.

Set had his stone hard poker face on as he examined the empty cage between Walt and I. The cage suddenly burst into red and orange flames. Walt and I jumped back, away from the fiery cage. Just because I was a fire magician, didn't mean I couldn't get burnt...well, sometimes. But could tell I would not escape unharmed from this inferno.

Just as suddenly as it came, the fire went out. Set didn't move and inch but Setne cowered behind him. I rolled my eyes.

Set then trained his eyes on me with a smirk. "Afraid of my fire, Zia?"  He cooed. I swear, ever since he thought his wife was hosting me, he liked to toy with me. And it was annoying. At times like this, I wish Carter was here.

When I didn't answer him, he just chuckled. "Well, this will be fun."

Walt and I exchanged looks. This was definitely not going to no to be fun...for us at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

I know what y'all are go no to say.

"WHY HAVENT YOU UPDATED IN FOUR MONTHS?!?!?!"

I'm truly sorry for that. I really am. Don't kill me plz! I had writers block and that is one of the reasons this chapter is so short.

Here, take a cookie (::) 🍪

Or cake🎂🍰

Or a waffle (#) okay that waffle looks weird...oh well.

Anyway...I'll try to update faster next time.