Chapter 11: Carter My Sister Kicks a Dummy's Butt

I sat on a bench in the arena, watching some demigods practice against straw dummies. One of the girls in my cabin– Clarisse?–was completely pulverizing the dummy. I actually felt sorry for it. When she showed me around camp, she didn't seem thrilled about it but she didn't hate me either. She didn't seem that bad...

As I thought that, I heard a thud, then a sigh. I look up and see the dummies head on the ground and Clarisse grinning over it. I made a mental note not to get on her bad side.

Another girl walked into the arena with a stick. Then I realized it was my sister and wondered what she was doing. She went up to one of the few dummies that weren't beheaded and started practicing on it. She printed to dodge its attacks as she kicked, punched, and whacked it. To be honest, if the dummies was real, she would be doing a good job of defending herself and attacking it.

Clarisse must have noticed too because I noticed her watching Sadie. She didn't say anything. She just watched, like me.

A few minutes later I could see the sweat coming off of Sadie. She was getting sloppier and she finally took her staff, stabbed it in the "gut", then hit it over the head with the staff. The dummy fell onto the concrete with a thud. Sadie stared at the dummy for a second before plopping on the ground in exhaustion. I got off the bleachers and jogged to go congratulate her on her "victory."

Clarisse was there before me, sitting next to Sadie on a low bleacher. "That was pretty good, kid." She commented.

"Yeah, Sadie, that was really cool. You looked great." I congratulated.

Sadie nodded but before she could say anything, Percy ran over and said, "Hey guys, now that Nico feels better, Chiron wants to have a meeting about what to do about Setne and all that Egyptian stuff."

I nodded and said, "Okay, we'll be there in a minute." Percy smiled, nodded then jogged back to the Big House.

Clarisse already walked off by now so it was just me and Sadie. Despite what just happed, we walked in silence all the way to the Big House.

~~~

Sorry about that chapter. I had the first part as a draft and forgot where I was going with it then...I don't know but this wasn't too good of a chapter 😕

I promise the next one will be better.

Also if any of y'all see any mistakes with whats actually cannon in the series, please tell me be it's been a while since I have read them.

Thanks again for reading my book (for some reason) 😊 =D

~JoJo