Chapter 18

I've been here for a while just laying on the bottom of the pool scowling at myselve. I vaguely heard someone jump in the pool and looked back to see Jerome swimming to me. He tried to lay infront of me but he couldn't stay still like I could. When it got close to a minute I noticed he was struggling to hold his breath. I got a bit closer to him and pushed him up a bit as to say go up. He just shook his head. I pushed him again but he always swam back down. He then pointed at me and then up. I knew what he meant. He wouldn't go up unless I came with him. I grabbed his arm and swam to the surface pushing him out of the water before surfacing myselve.

"Why the fuck would you do that?! Are you trying to kill yourselve?" I yelled at him.

"It was the only way to get you at the surface."

"Maybe I don't want to be at the surface. Maybe I want to be under where it's quiet if I'm gonna have to be a fish for the rest of my live." I say angrily. I went to go under again but he grabbed my arm.

"If you go back I'm going to." He gave me a warning look.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I can't lose you. I want to help you."

"How can you help me? I'm a fish."

"Just like you helped me when I was a bacca. If we can't find a cure I'll learn to scuba dive get me some gear and we can go swimming togheter." He stroke one of his hands over my cheek as he softly smiled at me.

"What do you say?" I smiled back at him leaning into his touch.

"I'd like that." He smiled brighter and softly planted his lips on mine.

"Now let's get out of here." He says pulling away and swimming to the edge of the pool. He pulled himselve out and grabbed a towel while I was pulling myselve out aswell. He threw one towel at me and placed the other over my tail. I gave him a weird look as to say that's not going to help.

"Hey I'm soaking wet aswell. If I touch you like this you won't be normal for another 30 minutes." I nodded.

"Then dry yourselve and then come and help me you lazy filthy stinkin' bacca." He chuckled taking off his wet clothes, did I forget to mention he jumped in with his clothes?, and drying his body before starting to dry my tail. I soon turned back sitting infront of him, fully clothed while he shivered from sitting there in only wet boxers.

"Come on let's get inside before you get sick." I say grabbing his hands, which where dry, and pulling his with me into the kitchen.

"Hey look who's back!" Rob joked. I smiled at him.

"Could one of you guys get Jerome's wet clothes from outside and put them in the dryer?"

"Why can't you do it? You're his boyfriend!" Preston asked. Everyone turned to him and gave him 'the face'.

"What?" He asked not understanding what he had said wrong.

"Wet clothes? Water?" I say pointing outside.

"Fish?" I say pointing to mylseve.

"Right." He says relizing what he said wrong.

"I'm gonna get Jerome in the shower you guys get his clothes." I say pushing Jerome to the upstairs bathroom. Now let's just hope those 4 idiots won't damage my house trying to dry Jerome's clothes. Oh boy what did I do?