Chapter 19

It's been a week of non-stop searching for solutions. But we haven't even gotten close. The guys had to go home aswell, me and Jerome decided to take a break for the day so we drove to an abondonned part of the beach. It's been a while since I wore my swimming shorts but to make sure it didn't look weird I wore them again, even though I don't need them. We arrived at the abandonned part and both me and Jerome took off our shirts. Jerome took out is snorkling stuff from the small bag we took with us. 

"I'm already going in." I smiled kissing his temple and running to the water. The reef was beautifull today. There where all sorts of fish swimming around, the seaweat swaying back and forth in the current and all diffrent colors of underwater plants and other things just made it even more beautifull. From time to time a stingray swam by and even small sharks. I smiled. I've started to really like my tail, to just be able to swim here without trouble. Soon a shadow apeared over me and I looked up to see Jerome snorckling above me. I smiled at him and saw him smiling back the best he could with the mouthpeice in his mouth. That's everything we did at that moment. Just swimming togheter. Jerome went back to shore a couple times to get a drink or some food but I just stayed in the water all day. As I was looking around at the bottom of the sea I felt something touch my shoulder. Looking back I see it's Jerome pointing upwards. I nod and push him up before swimming up myselve. 

"Hey." He says. 

"Hey." I smiled at him. 

"I'm gonna get out of the water and get ready to go home. You comming?" He asked. 

"Do you mind if I swim for just a sec longer? I really want to see what the open sea looks like." 

"Sure I'm going back already. By the time you get back I'll be dry enough to help you change back." He smiled. 

"Thanks." I say pecking his lips before diving under and swimming to the open sea. It looked like a cliff when I arrived. The reef just stopped out of nowhere and a big open airea started. There was a large cliff like thing that seemed to go on forever. Just like when you looked infront of you or to the sides it al went on forever. I slowely swam into the large space and looked around me. I could hear the sound of whales calling from a distance and when I looked closely I could even see them swim by. Large groups of fish swam around in paterns that seemed incredibly difficult. Dolfins swam around in groups jumping in and out of the water. From time to time there was a lonely shark. In it's own way it was just as beautifulll as the colored reef I spend my day in. I then remembered Jerome was waiting for me. I saw back faster then before and surfaced when I was almost at shore. 

"There you are! I was worried yoou where going to stay to live with the fish." He joked as I pulled myselve on the beach. 

"You should have seen in Jerome it was beautifull." I say as I start to dry my body and Jerome my tail. He was already wearing his shirt and his hair had dried completely. Is it that hot here? Or was I in there for so long? 

"Maybe next time." Jerome says softly smiling at me. 

"If there will be a next time. Maybe we find a cure soon." I say. I saw Jerome's eyes turn somber but he kept his smile. He's losing faith that I'll ever be normal again. 

"Maybe."