before

Jace had never seen a girl so beautiful in his life before. Well, except his girlfriend, Madison. But this girl was beautiful in an ordinary way. There was nothing really special about her, but she just seemed interesting to Jace. Not like Madison. Madison was introduced to Jace, he hadn't just seen her and fell in love. He was set up with her by his friends. But he does love her.

"Toby, look at that girl over there by the guitars," Jace said from behind the counter of the music store he and Toby work at.

"She's pretty, I guess," Toby said, not really interested in the girl.

"You guess? She's perfect. I'm gonna go talk to her," Jace said.

"Okay. And I'm gonna go call my girlfriend. Don't forget that you have one," Toby warned.

"You know I love Madison. I'm just looking to make a friend. I've never seen her around here before and she looks interesting," Jace said, looking back at the girl.

"Yeah, okay. A "friend." I know how you are around pretty girls like her, Jace. Don't fuck up your relationship over some girl," Toby said and walked away from Jace.

Jace shook his head, chuckling softly to himself then walked over to meet the girl.

******************************
an: character visuals will be in the next chapters

ilysm thanks for reading!