11.

"You still gonna talk to Emery?" Toby asked Jace as they got ready for work together.

"Of course. But can I change what I win to something else? I think Mads will be suspicious if I tell her I won her flowers in a bet. She'll wanna know what the bet was," Jace said.

"Just don't tell her," Toby said.

"I can't lie to her, T. Can I please just change mine?"

"Fine. Whatever. What do you want to change it to?"

"If I win you have to wash my car. Inside and out."

"But the inside of your car is gross. You and Madison have sex in there a lot. There's probably condom wrappers and cum everywhere," Toby whined.

"That's probably true," Jace laughed. "Is it a bet or what?"

"Fine, it's a bet," he said and shook Jace's hand.

-

"Hey, Em. Here to buy something or just hanging out?" Jace asked her.

"I actually came to buy something today. My neighbor gave me money to buy him a guitar like mine," she said, flashing the money.

"Cool. You need help?" Jace asked.

"Sure. Could you get the guitar for me?"

"Yeah. So what's the real reason why you couldn't have lunch with us? Me and Toby have totally different theories on why. We kind of have a bet going on who's right," Jace explained as he grabbed the guitar for her.

"It's super fucking weird. You sure you wanna know?" she asked.

"Yeah. Because Toby thinks that you like me and I think you were just doing something weird and didn't want us to know," he said as they walked to the front. They walked up to Toby.

"Okay. I couldn't eat lunch that day with y'all because I was helping my neighbors film something," she said.

"Like what? Porn?" Toby asked.

"Yeah. They needed someone to work the camera. They paid me $3000 to film it for them."

"Your neighbors sound so cool," Jace said.

"Yeah. Kyle and Patrick are so cool. But they have sex a lot and are super loud."

"Be glad you don't live next to Madison," Jace said.

"Why?" she asked.

"I come over a lot and according to Toby, we're horny rabbits. So we fuck a lot and she is extra loud. Because y'know I be hitting it right," Jace said, smugly. Toby rolled his eyes at him.

"Oh gosh. Well, I'll just be on my way then. Thanks for the help. See you guys later," she said and left.

"You're an animal," Toby said.

"In bed. Yeah I know," Jace said. "I'm off the clock. Let me know when you're gonna wash my car. Catch ya later."

"See ya," Toby said.

-

"Babe, you wanna have sex tonight?" Madison asked Jace from her living room.

"Not really. Can we just cuddle tonight, baby?" he asked as he carried in their snacks from the kitchen.

"That's fine. Is everything okay? You never turn down sex," she said, cuddling up to him on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just think we need to calm down a little," he said and wrapped his arm around her.

"Okay. I heard from Meredith that you won some bet with Toby and now he has to clean your car," she said.

"Yeah. Just stupid guy stuff," he said, turning his attention to the tv.

"What was the bet?" she asked, turning his head so he would look at her.

"You know the other day when we went to lunch and Emery couldn't come?" he asked. Madison nodded.

"Well, she was being all weird on the phone. Toby said it was because she likes me and I said that she was just doing something weird and didn't want us to know."

"Why would Toby think that Emery likes you?"

"Because he has the wrong idea about me helping her move her stuff and hanging out with her."

"You didn't tell me that you were hanging out with her or helping her move her stuff," Madison said, standing off the couch. Jace sat up, confused at Madison's behavior.

"I didn't think it was that serious. I just helped her move her stuff and had lunch with her afterwards. Did I do something wrong?" he asked.

"Yeah. You can't just hang out with some girl and not tell me about it," she said and crossed her arms over her chest. Jace got up and got close to Madison. He took her hands in his.

"I'm sorry, princess. I didn't think you would care this much," he said in a soft voice.

"You could've at least asked me about it," she said. This came as a shock to Jace.

"I didn't realize that I had to ask your permission to hang out with friends," he dropped her hands.

"I didn't mean it like that, Jace."

"Then how exactly did you mean it, Madison?"

"I just meant I don't want you to hang out with girls without me knowing about it."

"You think I want you to be at work in those tight dresses they make you wear and pose with all these wealthy, attractive guys? No, I don't. I literally am just trying to be friends with Emery. She is a nice girl and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me. Even if she did, she knows that I'm in a relationship."

"Okay. I'm sorry, Jace. You can hang out with her whenever you want. Is that what you want me to say?" Madison asked, trying to hold his hands. He gently pushed her hands away.

"I don't want you say anything. I'm gonna head home and give you some time to realize how ridiculous you're being," he said and grabbed his stuff. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead then mumbled an 'I love you' to her. He left.

-

"Hey. What are you doing home?" Nova asked Jace when he came in the house.

"Me and Madison had a fight," he said and stormed up to his room.

"What? You guys are perfect. What could you guys possibly fight about?" she asked, following him into his room.

"I told her I was hanging out with our new friend, who just so happens to be a girl then she started acting like she can tell me who I can hang out with. She's so ridiculous," he said and started putting his things away.

"I never thought Madison could be like that. She's so laid back and goes with the flow," Nova said and sat on his bed.

"I guess some people just get into their ways sometimes," Jace shook his head.

"Yeah. Well, get some sleep and clear your head, Punkin. Mom has leftovers and cheesecake downstairs if you want. Night, bro."

"Night. See you in the morning." Nova left Jace's room. Jace began to get into bed and his phone started ringing.

"What do you want, Madison?"

"Baby, I'm really sorry about tonight," Madison said.

"Okay. And? I'm really sorry that you were being ridiculous and lowkey controlling. Goodnight, Madison," he said.

"Can we please talk in the morning?" she asked.

"I have to work. And don't come showing up at my job, causing a scene. I will talk to you tomorrow when I get off," he said and hung up.

******************************
thanks for reading!
vote & comment
ilysm