04.

Date Night pt 1

"The night is finally here," Toby said. He and Jace were locking up the store.

"Yeah. I know the girls are excited. Madison called me super early this morning just to tell me how happy she is that we get to have a special night for all of us because we're all best friends. It was so adorable. I've been thinking about it all day," Jace said as they walked to his car.

"Meredith couldn't go to sleep last night because she was so excited. So me and her talked on the phone until like 3. I love that girl so much," Toby smiled.

"Well, let's go. I gotta get home before Savannah leaves," Jace said.

******************************

"Hey, guys. I'm home," Jace said as he walked into the house. He didn't see anyone downstairs, but he heard faint laughter coming from upstairs.

"Nova? Savs? Are you here?" he asked as he went upstairs. No one answered him. He walked to Nova's room and the laughter stopped. He knocked on her door.

"Nova? Can I come in?" he asked.

"Only if you promise not to freak out and not to tell mom and dad about what you'll see when you come in," she said.

"I promise," he said then walked in.

"Sup, Jace," Joseph said.

"What the hell, Nova?! You know mom and dad don't want you having boys over when no one is home. What the hell is wrong with you?" Jace scolded.

"You promised not to freak out," Nova whined.

"Whatever. Why would you have him here when no one is home?" he asked, calmly.

"Well... we had an early release today. We hung out at the park then we got hungry and came here for food. I promise we didn't do anything. And Savannah was here for a little while before she went to go see one of her friends. Please don't tell," she pleaded.

"I won't tell, but you owe me. Big time. Mom and dad are gonna be home soon, so you might want to get him out of here," Jace said.

"That's not necessary. I'm gonna go now. I'll text you later, babe," Joseph said then left the room.

"Did he just call you babe? Are you two dating?" Jace asked.

"No. We're allowed to call each other pet names if we want. Get out of my room. Don't you have a date to get ready for?" she asked, annoyance in her tone.

"Yes, I do," he said, matter-of-factly and walked away. Jace went into his room and shut his door. His phone started ringing.

"Hello," he said

"Hey, cutie. You ready for the date tonight?" Madison asked.

"I sure am. I'm about to start getting ready right now. Can't wait to see you tonight," he said as he laid his outfit on his bed.

"Me either. I didn't have a shoot today, so me and Mere were together all day. We couldn't stop talking about the date and you guys," she said.

"That's cute. So, I'm picking you up at 7 right?" Jace asked.

"Yeah. I'll see you then, babe. Can't wait," Madison said.

"Okay. See you later, princess. I love you," Jace said.

"I love you more," she said then they hung up.

"You call her princess?" Savannah asked.

"I sure do. I love her so much, Savs. Like it's crazy how much I love her," he said with a huge smile on his face.