31.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but I am so glad that you guys are so willing to let us stay here. I really appreciate it," Joseph said. He was sitting down, having a conversation with Octavia and Michael.

"Of course, sweetie. We care about you and Rian. I am so sorry that his mother turned out to be that way and that your parents won't let him stay there. You can stay here as long as you need to," Octavia said.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Williams," he said.

"Well, since you are gonna be staying here now, you can call me Mom," she said.

"And you can call me Dad," Michael said.

"In that case, thank you Mom and Dad," he said and laughed.

"You're welcome, baby," she said. Joseph got up and hugged the couple.

"What did they say?" Nova asked after Joseph left the kitchen.

"They said we can stay," he said, a big smile on his face.

"That's great, man. Hey, if you guys need to, you can move into my room. I know it's a little bigger than Nova's. It has a way bigger closet," Jace said.

"Thanks. I'll ask Mom," Nova said then went into the kitchen.

"I'm gonna have to go talk to my parents. They are gonna hate me," Joseph said.

"Why would they hate you? They're your parents," Jace asked.

"Well, the reason I'm over here every time I have Rian is because they said they never want to see him. They didn't come to see him in the hospital when he was born. Before you guys met him, I had to stay with friends every time I had him. And now I have to tell them I'm moving out because he has to live with me now," he explained.

"Damn, J. Nova and I will come with you if you want," Jace offered.

"That would definitely make things easier. You could hold Ry while I talk to them," he said. Nova came back.

"They said it's fine," she said.

"Can you go get Rian? We have to go talk to my parents and get my stuff," he said.

"Is that a good idea to take him? My parents can watch him," she asked.

"They're gonna have to deal with it. I'm taking him," he said.

"I'll go start the car," Jace said.

"JJ, they said they never want to see him. You're gonna go against their wishes?"

"It's not about them. I'm doing what's best for my son unlike them."

"So you're bringing him to spite your parents?"

"It's not like that, Nova. I'm not doing it for any bad reason. Can you please just go get him?" Nova went upstairs to go get Rian. Joseph went outside then called his mom.

"Hello, Joseph. Haven't seen you in a couple of days. Are you coming home today?" she asked.

"I'm coming to talk to you and Dad. It's something really important that has already been decided," he said.

"Okay," she said.

"See you in a few," he said then hung up.

"You got this, man," Jace said. Joseph let out a sigh. Nova put Rian in the backseat then got in on the other side. Jace started driving towards Joseph's parents' house.

"I'll go in last since I'm carrying Rian in," Jace said then parked the car. They all got out of the car. Jace got Rian out of the car then followed behind Joseph and Nova.