18.

"Hey, Dad," Madison said as they approached Michael. A big smile broke out on his face. He stood up and hugged her.

"Hey, baby girl. How is everything?" he asked when they pulled away from each other.

"Everything is fine with me. Everything okay with you?" she asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" he asked.

"Daniel said you haven't talked to him at all. You have to give him a chance. He's going to be a part of this family soon," she said.

"Yeah, Dad. He is the father of your first grandchild. That guy is making you a grandpa," Jace added.

"Fine, I'll talk to the boy. You two are always trying to convince me to do something," he said and laughed then walked over to Daniel.

"Hi, Mr. Williams. How are you?" Daniel asked.

"I'm fine. What about you?" Michael asked.

"I'm fine, sir. Thanks for asking."

"I realized I haven't talked to you since you arrived. I apologize for that. That is out of my character."

"It would be really great to meet who you really are, sir. Savannah tells me all these great stories about you and they all tell me that you are a great man."

"I'm glad that you think of me that way, Daniel. Now, tell me how you met my daughter."

-
"Hey, Punkin. Where's Daniel?" Savannah asked when she came back outside.

"He's talking to Dad," he answered, looking up from his food.

"How long have they been talking?" she asked.

"I don't know. Maybe thirty minutes," he said.

"They look happy talking to each other," she said, looking over at her fiance and father with a smile on her face.

"Yeah. Daniel seems to have loosened up some since we talked to him," Madison said.

"I'm just glad that Dad got over him being white," Savannah said.

"What's his whole thing with white people anyway?" Toby asked.

"When he was a kid, white police officers came and took his father from their home. While they were taking him to the car, my dad was watching. Before they put him in the car, they shot him," Savannah explained.

"And ever since then, my dad has always thought that white people were evil," Jace added.

"That's tough. But, I get it. If I saw something like that as a kid, I would believe the same thing," Meredith said.

"He's gotten better with it though. I really hope my dad likes the man I'm going to marry," Savannah said.

"Hey, guys," Joseph said as he walked over to the table.

"JJ!" Savannah cheered and hugged him.

"Hey, Savs," he said as he hugged her.

"You heard the news?" she asked.

"Yes, I have. Congratulations. Where is the lucky guy? I have to meet him," Joseph said.

"He's talking to my dad. That's a huge deal since he's white."

"You brought home a white guy?" Joseph asked, shocked.

"Not just any white guy. My white fiance and father of my kid," she joked.

"I'm gonna go get some food and find Nova. I'll get around to meeting the white guy later," Joseph said and started walking towards the house.

"Here comes Daniel," Meredith said.