16.

2 weeks later

"Babe, I really have to go now. I have more packing to do. I'll be back as soon as I'm done putting some things away in my new place," Jace said to Madison, who was whining about him leaving her apartment.

"Can I come with you?" she asked.

"No. Just stay here. I'll be back in like two hours," he said and finally made it out of her apartment. As he walked down the hall to the elevators, Emery was coming out of her apartment.

"Hey, Jace. You look upset about something," she said and they both boarded the elevator.

"It's just Madison. She's a lot clingier than usual these days. I could barely get out of her place to go move things into my own place. I don't mind her wanting to spend time with me, but I still have other things to do than just spend all day with her. You get what I'm saying?" Jace asked.

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry about it too much. It'll get better," Emery said then the elevator stopped in the lobby, "I'll see you later, Jace," she said and they went their separate ways. Jace went to his car and then drove off to his parents' house.

Upon arrival, Nova and Jadin ran outside to his car. He looked at both of them with a confused expression on his face.

"What the hell are you two doing running out here like that?" he asked as he got out of his car.

"Savannah's home and she has huge news. We had to wait for you, so hurry up and get in there," Jadin said. They all rushed inside. Savannah and Jace's parents were all sitting in the living room. Jace walked over and hugged them all.

"What's the news?" Nova asked her.

"Well, you all know that I have a boyfriend. The big news is that Daniel proposed to me and that we are expecting our first child together!" she said, excitedly.

"Oh my goodness! I'm going to be a grandma!" Jace's mother said as she hugged Savannah. Jace looked over at Jadin.

"Dude, we're gonna be uncles," he said to him.

"And I'm gonna be Auntie Nova. I'm so excited! When do you find out the sex of the baby?" Nova asked.

"I don't know yet," she answered.

"I wanna be the first to know when you find out," Jace said.

"Oh, you will be," Savannah said and laughed.

"Can I talk to you upstairs?" Jace asked Savannah. She nodded and they both went upstairs to Jace's room.

"What's up, little bro?" Savannah asked as she sat down on Jace's desk chair.

"So, about two weeks ago Madison and I had sex with no condom. We've been thinking that she's pregnant, but we don't know for sure yet. And like lately she's been super clingy ever since she found out that our friend, Emery has a crush on me. What do I do?" Jace asked then sat down on his bed.

"What do you want advice on first? The pregnancy part or the clingy part?" she asked.

"The clingy part."

"For starters, are you and the Emery person still friends?"

"Yeah, I actually talked to her before I came over here. She lives in the same building as us."

"That's the first reason why Madison is being clingy. She thinks if she even makes a tiny slip up that she'll lose you to Emery. She's being clingy because she wants you to know that she cares about you and that she loves you. Don't push her away just because she's all up in your face now."