06.

Jace walked into work and saw Toby and Meredith talking by the cash registers.

"Hey, guys," he said to them.

"Hey, Jace. You look happy about something. I'm guessing you and Madison got busy last night," Meredith said.

"Oh yeah. It was pretty busy last night. What did you two do after the date?" Jace asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We, unlike you horny rabbits, cuddled in our sweats and watched super hero movies last night," Toby answered.

"Hey, don't blame us. We've been super busy with our jobs that we haven't had much "alone time." It was amazing," Jace said then went to clock in. He walked back to the front and saw Toby and Meredith making out.

"But me and Madison are the horny rabbits. Sure," he said. They pulled away from each other and laughed.

"I'm gonna go see Madison. I'll call you later, babes. Bye, Jace," Meredith said then left the store.

"You guys really didn't have sex last night?" Jace asked.

"Nah. She's on her period. We made out for a bit then decided to just watch movies because she wanted to have a sleepover," Toby explained.

"Aww. How adorable," Jace mocked.

"Oh, shutup. So, I heard about Nova and Joseph," Toby said.

"Don't even get me started. Everyone's trying to make me look like the bad guy for not letting them see each other then the moment I let it go, she has him at the house when nobody's home," he explained.

"Damn. Only one person could get you to change your mind about that. She basically had that planned to get Savannah to talk to you," Toby said.

"The only way she could get what she wanted from me," Jace said then someone walked into the store.

"Hey, guys," Emery said.

"Hey, Emery. You're here early. Toby, this is Emery. The girl that was in here earlier this week," Jace said, introducing the two.

"Nice to meet you," Toby said and shook her hand.

"So, when do you want to meet up to play guitar?" she asked.

"Well, actually Toby and I make YouTube videos of us singing and such. If you're up to it, maybe you could be in one and sing with us. We'll be filming on Wednesday," Jace offered.

"Sounds cool. Toby is that cool with you?" she asked.

"Should be awesome. But can you sing?" Toby asked. Emery sung a line from Best Mistake by Ariana Grande.

"Does that answer your question?" she asked, smiling proudly.

"Yes. You're amazing. Like really amazing," Toby said.

"I'm guessing we'll see you Wednesday," Jace said.

"Alright then. Let me know the details. I'm gonna hang out around here for a while. I can play the instruments in here, right?" she asked. They both nodded.

"Are there any mics in here I can sing on?" she asked. Jace pointed to an area with microphones and amps.

"Thanks," she said and walked over there, carrying her guitar.

"So for the next cover, you and Emery should do a duet," Toby said.

"Why?" Jace asked.

"Because you have good chemistry. The viewers would eat it up," Toby said.

"Depends on the song. I don't want Madison to think something is going on," Jace said.

"Dude, Mads knows that we are just singing and playing instruments. She won't think anything. We will tell her before then," Toby said, reassuring him.

"Fine, I'm in," Jace said in defeat.

"Yes! Okay, well I'm gonna go get ready for the customers," Toby said.

*at the end of the day*

"You're very talented, Emery. I can't wait to sing with you," Jace said.

"Yeah. This is so cool. It was a good idea of Toby's for us to do a duet. It should be pretty cool," she said.

"Yeah. I'll text you the details soon. We're meeting tomorrow to discuss things. So we'll probably ask you to come over," he said.

"Okay. Sounds good. See you then. Bye, Jace," she said and walked away.

*the next day*

"I just called Emery so she should be on her way," Jace said as he and Toby set up the equipment, food, and notes for their meeting in Toby's apartment.

"Cool. Should we invite the girls so they won't get suspicious?" Toby asked.

"Nah. We don't usually invite them, so let's not start. If they call and like hear her voice or something, we just tell them we are collabing with her. No big deal," Jace said and picked up his guitar.

"You think they'll be cool about it?" Toby asked.

"Of course. T, they trust us. Don't worry," Jace said and then the doorbell rang. Toby went to answer the door.

"Hey, guys. Let's get this meeting started," Emery said.

"Glad you could make it. We got snacks here and several notes for you to look over. And we want to show you the equipment we use," Jace said. They all say down and started the meeting.

*about 2 hours later*

"So, it's set. See you guys on Wednesday," Emery said as she left the apartment.

"This is gonna be our best cover yet. I can't wait to tell Madison about it," Jace said.

"Yeah. Meredith is gonna love it," Toby said.

"Well, I'm gonna head over to her place now. Catch you later, bro," Jace said and gathered his things then left.

*at Madison's apartment*

"Hey, pookie. I'm almost done making lunch. What's up?" Madison asked from her kitchen.

"So we just got out of our meeting for our new video. It's gonna be so good," Jace said.

"What song are you doing?" she asked.

"Not gonna give you all the details, but it's gonna be a duet with this girl we met at work. Her voice is so amazing. She's so talented. I can't wait for you to meet her," he said, excitedly.

"You're singing a duet with a girl? What's the video idea?" she asked.

"It's supposed to be kind of romantic music video for the song. It's gonna be all dramatic and stuff. It was Toby's idea. We worked out how we're gonna sing it and everything," Jace said as Madison brought over the food.

"It's just singing, right? You don't have to kiss or anything?" Madison asked.

"We might just to amp up the romance factor. Like Ariana Grande and Mac Miller in her The Way video. It won't be real, Mads," Jace said and started eating.

"Okay. Well I trust you. I can't wait to see the video," she said, not really sounding sincere.

"And that's why I love you so much, princess. The trust in our relationship is what keeps me and you so close. Gosh, I love you," he kissed her cheek; oblivious to her tone. Madison gave him a reassuring smile then started eating her food.

******************************
an: be sure to vote if you liked this chapter. How do you think Madison really feels about this romantic video? Read my poem 'Loud Hair' thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

ilysm